MartinLogan Motion Series coming soon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new M/L's sort of remind me of those wonderful computer speakers called Monsoon. I have not seen them around in quite a while.

Review of late model:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1091224,00.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsoon_(speakers)

I'm sure M/L developed their own drivers, just saying they remind me of some other stuff in a remote way.

Heh, my computer speakers are a set of Monsoon M1000. Really nice for the price.

But I'm planning an 'upgrade' to them.

I purchased a pair of Tymphany LAT250 transducers to mate with them along with a dedicated 10 or 12" sub. All driven by a DBX DriveRack processor and 5 channels of amplification.

Stay tuned for the DIY story of that build. It will be one of the best set of PC Speakers around ;)

The problem (I see) is that if this really does indeed make them a lot of $$dosh then they may in the future think "why the heck to we continue to dabble in this loss-making high-end business"?

It's happened to other companies. It has also happened to ML - just look - no more Statement.

I think it was smart of ML to get rid of the Statement and I'd bet they lost money on every one they sold. The CLX is a much better flagship speaker in a lot of ways for a lot less money, even with a pair of subs.

I think it was smart of ML to get rid of the Statement and I'd bet they lost money on every one they sold. The CLX is a much better flagship speaker in a lot of ways for a lot less money, even with a pair of subs.

I bet they did too. But how many other sales did that model (and it's kudos) generate?

I bet they did too. But how many other sales did that model (and it's kudos) generate?

The probably were not a direct profit line but the Statements gave them some intangible benefits such as a very photogenic product to use in advertisements, many reviews and helped to establish MartinLogan as a true high-end audio company and to gain credibility in those regards. They had a great name and no doubt made a statement and generated conversation when on display.

But they are also getting similar attention with the CLX but MartinLogan doesn't seem to attend many tradeshows. Speaking of that, will they be no-show again at CES 2010?

Does anyone know the M$RP of the 5.1 set or at least the two floorstanding speakers? I would consider these for use in my HT setup. This would allow me to move the Summits back into my 2 Channel listening room. It's been awhile since I've been able to hear them in a dedicated stereo system and missing that sound. Especially, with my CLSIIz now belonging to a fellow MLOC member.

He's in the process of preparing his room for his new arrivals and taking his time to ensure he sets them up properly at least initially. It must be the King-of-Imaging, separation of instruments and the holographic sonics that a freshly paneled CLSIIz can sound once it's all tweaked that I'm already missing most of all.

So I'm hoping these new MLs will be satisfactory in my HT system to allow my Summits to then fill the void left behind by the CLSIIz's. I still love my Sonus Faber Cremonas but they can easily entertain me in my bedroom or office with one of my treasured SET Tube amps.

From ML's Twitter feed today:

MartinLogan in Mirage @ CES launching new Motion Series and unveiling 2 new ESLs (under $10,000 US)

Two new ESL's? :confused:

Why have we not heard about them ;)

The info on the various Motion products is up on the ML site.. along with prices for various configs..;)

you really think they lost money, come on man.

Wow, that's why they are discounting the Preface and now the Encore TFs. I wonder how the new Motion Tower (the one that MSRPs for $1,499/pair) stacks up against the Preface interms of imaging & overall sound quality. I still have one more week left for returning the Preface speakers at Bestbuy LOL.

Wow, that's why they are discounting the Preface and now the Encore TFs. I wonder how the new Motion Tower (the one that MSRPs for $1,499/pair) stacks up against the Preface interms of imaging & overall sound quality. I still have one more week left for returning the Preface speakers at Bestbuy LOL.

call logan they are up front people I think they will tell you just don't mention the returning to best buy part :D

From ML's Twitter feed today:

Two new ESL's? :confused:

Why have we not heard about them ;)

Indeed - it's now the 9th, CES has run for a while, and we've still heard nowt - at least when I Google I get nowt.

Anyone know anything?

Indeed - it's now the 9th, CES has run for a while, and we've still heard nowt - at least when I Google I get nowt.

Anyone know anything?

Today is the last day of CES, so if they are going to unveil them they had better do so soon. Come on ML, I'm dying here!

So... what gives ??? Did ML pull the announcement about the 2 new Stats below $10k ?? Was the "tweet" just bogus ??
Or were they just in prototype for visual inspection only ?
The mysterious "101" designation that has been eluded to, along with description of a "Spire type" styling is rather mysterious at best.

Enquiring minds want to know ! ;)

So... what gives ??? Did ML pull the announcement about the 2 new Stats below $10k ?? Was the "tweet" just bogus ??
I've been wondering the same thing! :mad:

The mysterious "101" designation that has been eluded to, along with description of a "Spire type" styling is rather mysterious at best.
Where did you hear that stuff?

Twich54 made the comment in another thread... and I quote:

"I just got off the phone with Ken (Kenscolick) who is @ CES. He visited the M/L room and took notice of a new speaker that was dubbed "101" appeared to be Spire 'type' maybe an 'X' version ?? who knows, Ken says they were somewhat 'tight lipped' ??? regardless, this is the sub 10k speaker that has been rumored.

Ken will post more upon his return."

Anyway you slice it, no one has posted any pix, or a darned thing about these new models... and I've scoured everywhere I can think of looking for details... :confused:

That's really weird... It's way too soon for a Spire X, and if it's the size of a Spire it can't be a Vantage X because that would... well, that would be a Spire. Plus, that's only one model whereas the the tweet promised 2 new ESLs.

An Audiogoner in a thread mentions the model - SL6. Brief statement about them is not favorable.

At their show coverage, Soundstage! Networks presented an innovation award to ML for the Summit X. The presenter and ML marketing director stand in front of a shape that appears to be a Motion 12. It's taller than expected based on seeing it on ml.com. Anyone guess how tall the Motion 10 is?

I figured for sure it would be replacements for Vantage, and then perhaps a model above Spire, but below Summit X.

I suppose this will get revealed eventually. Let's hope !;)

Back