Martin logans used to help Bose and Infiniti???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESLs for a car system? interesting how the Stereophile article doesn't mention the ESLs. Bose doesn't do ESLs, do they? Maybe Infinity has some ESL tweeters integrated into this system and that's what the Edmunds article meant by 10K electrostatic towers... Maybe it's Infinity's dynamic drivers and EMIT tweeters.

I wish BMW would take heed of this and seriously think about re-vamping the sound systems in their cars. The upgraded Harmon/Kardon system in my M3 sounds like dogsh1t. :mad:

Last edited:
I love the stock radio in my car very much. I own a 2005 Volov S60R with the upgraded 13 speaker 300 watt radio (HU-850). This unit has a center channel and Dolby Pro logic II. If I turn on this feature on with a good CD it sounds great. It makes for a very good sound stage. The only issue is audible noise. I have high performance tires so I can hear a lot of road noise.

I would have a hard time justifying lots of money on a car stereo with all of the distractions and background noise. I have a hard time hearing the crappy stock radio in the Vette over the sound of the exhaust and rear tires!

I have a 2003 G35 and the Blose system in it sounds awful. I've heard cheaper Infinity (that's the speaker company) systems in Chryslers that sound much better. If the new Infiniti (that's the car company) uses plain, unadulterated Bose drivers, I don't see how they can produce a superior product.

TomDac said:
ESLs for a car system? interesting how the Stereophile article doesn't mention the ESLs. Bose doesn't do ESLs, do they? Maybe Infinity has some ESL tweeters integrated into this system and that's what the Edmunds article meant by 10K electrostatic towers... Maybe it's Infinity's dynamic drivers and EMIT tweeters.

I wish BMW would take heed of this and seriously think about re-vamping the sound systems in their cars. The upgraded Harmon/Kardon system in my M3 sounds like dogsh1t. :mad:

I don't think you read it correctly. Infiniti used a highend two channel home system as a reference that included ESL speakers. Not that ESL speakers are used in the car.

The fact Infiniti is using a head unit that uses Burr/Brown chips and most likely Bose buying better third party tweeters (Bose do not make tweeters, they often use third party speakers when it comes to cars), will increase the sound fidelity of the system. Again, Stereophile would not lie if it sucked.

You gotta feel sorry for old Amar Bose who has to sit and eat crow on how his customers want better fidelity and not what he normally sells.

If I could listen to the song from an M3 engine I would not need any car audio at all ;). The inline 6 in my Lexus IS is nice but unexciting. OTOH I thought that the stock audio was quite decent - until I got the Logans at home. Now car audio does not interest me anymore.

That is a good thing too because I tend to got lost in the music while listening at home. Seriously, who wants to be so involved with music while driving?
TomDac said:

longhorn said:
I don't think you read it correctly. Infiniti used a highend two channel home system as a reference that included ESL speakers. Not that ESL speakers are used in the car.

The fact Infiniti is using a head unit that uses Burr/Brown chips and most likely Bose buying better third party tweeters (Bose do not make tweeters, they often use third party speakers when it comes to cars), will increase the sound fidelity of the system. Again, Stereophile would not lie if it sucked.

You gotta feel sorry for old Amar Bose who has to sit and eat crow on how his customers want better fidelity and not what he normally sells.
Guess I misread it. oops.

ralflar said:
If I could listen to the song from an M3 engine I would not need any car audio at all ;). The inline 6 in my Lexus IS is nice but unexciting. OTOH I thought that the stock audio was quite decent - until I got the Logans at home. Now car audio does not interest me anymore.

That is a good thing too because I tend to got lost in the music while listening at home. Seriously, who wants to be so involved with music while driving?
yeah the M3 exhaust note (ie rasp) is pretty nice, but I still would expect a better stereo system than what they put in there.. I'll eventually upgrade the system when I feel the need.

Back