Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely CLX Systems...

:music:CLX speakers in Silver and / or Red are both easy on the eyes ...but their is just something about natural wood grain that is really beautiful... :music:

Attachments

• Martin_Logan_CLX_2.jpg
    Martin_Logan_CLX_2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,206
  • martin_logan CLX close up.jpg
    martin_logan CLX close up.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,556
  • CLX system.jpg
    CLX system.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 3,963
Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing...

A great ML - Vista HT system.

Attachments

• scaled_MyMedia.jpg
    scaled_MyMedia.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,081
Ahhh.... A Blast From The Past ~ The ML Statement E2 system...

I think if I had a dollar for every view to this thread I might just be able to afford a slightly used ML Statement E2 system like the one below, for my new ML home theater set-up. ;) I just love how the ceiling treatment is done for this amazing HT. The installation must have taken many hours of labor to accomplish.

Attachments

• Install25.jpg
    Install25.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,161
The thing which dates many of the images in this thread are the TV's. All those big boxes are trash now, or too big to move out of the basement.

My system recently was overhauled by flipping the orientation 180 degrees. All made possible or mandatory for the flat TV.

http://s184.beta.photobucket.com/user/kach22i/library/Stereo
ACO-BROAD_zps1172e190.jpg

Hi George,

What a great ML system. I like the sound absorbing treatment of your room. Your bass traps in the corners are interesting, not your typical triangles, may I ask who made them? The purple curved convex rectangle below your flat screen TV, is that a sound dispersion room treatment? It looks like it is made of a metallic material? Your two turn tables look great together. Yours ML super system looks marvelous. :)

Ahem! Er... excuse me Mr CLX, but I am a Soundlab M1-PX full range electrostatic.

I go low. Very low. Much lower than you Mr CLX. SO THERE! Sorry Mr Logan - tis just the way it is. I rule and you do not. Check out my vital statistics...:rocker:

I know you tried, Mr Logan, but REALLY! You COULD have done better!

Frequency response 28 Hz to ultrasonics
Audio power (min/max) 100/600 watts (music power)
Radiating area 2350 square inches
Horizontal dispersion 45 degrees (full spectrum)
Vertical dispersion Projected field of panel height
Impedance (nominal) 8 ohms
Sensitivity 88 dB/1W/1m

Height x Width x Depth 80" x 39 3/4" x 9 1/2" (24" at base)
Weight (per speaker) 176 pounds

Sorry - but this IS a deliberate wind-up to make a point... and yes, I still do lurve my MLs, but these simply MUST BE AWESOME!

Let's face it - CLX was designed to sell you Descent i(s). And it WILL sell you Descent i(s), once you get the CLX in your home and the initial honeymoon is over, I'd wager.

Justin

Amen I heard 2 pairs of SL'S this week one was the 945's with the updated p/s powered by FM Acoustics & the other was the U-1PX bi-amped with Bag End subs with Pass amps...... Incredible!!! :D

Hi George,

What a great ML system. I like the sound absorbing treatment of your room. Your bass traps in the corners are interesting, not your typical triangles, may I ask who made them? The purple curved convex rectangle below your flat screen TV, is that a sound dispersion room treatment? It looks like it is made of a metallic material? Your two turn tables look great together. Yours ML super system looks marvelous. :)
The rectangles high up in the corners are B&O RL (Red Line) series speakers serving as the front R&L channels of the HT system. I still have to re-angle them as they were the rear HT speakers at one time.

There is a DIY thread on the purple absorber, too much glare off the brick without it. Funny how the flat TV is not posing much of a problem, at least not that I know of so far.

When I get back to running my big tube amp my system might deserve to be in this thread. Right now I'm running an old Dynaco solid state unit which is much more enjoyable than it's reputation would have your think. Cherish44 in Ann Arbor worked wonders with it, said he liked it so much that he may pick one up for himself.

Last edited:
Here is my M DAC with a Mac Mini, Audio Research HD-220 and a Bel Canto CD-2 as a digital transport. For HT, I use the new Oppo BDP-103. At the pic above, I have my Spanish guitars, and I have them tuned in different notes, so, they resonate and sing along with the music. Happy listening!

Attachments

• DSCN1318.jpg
    DSCN1318.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 955
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 829
Here is my M DAC with a Mac Mini, Audio Research HD-220 and a Bel Canto CD-2 as a digital transport. For HT, I use the new Oppo BDP-103. At the pic above, I have my Spanish guitars, and I have them tuned in different notes, so, they resonate and sing along with the music. Happy listening!

Hi Roberto,

Lovely ML Super System you have there. I looks like you have the newest Descent as well. Your system looks to be a very musical system with all the strings of your beautiful slot-head classical guitars vibrating their approval.:music:

Thanks Robin. Yes, my guitars are tuned in different notes, so, due to the sympathetic resonances, having the same frequency, and their upper tones and lower tones, make to them to sing along with the music. And because of this, I get a natural decay of any kind of musical instrument(s), including the human voice. This really helps to my digital sound. If I take them out of my room, the sound is dry and too sharp! This is my liking and not necessary might be yours. But my friends, and family, really loves the sound, judging it through their big smile and how they do enjoy to listen to the music. I do trust my ears for this!! And the good thing is, any kind of music. Usually I play most jazz and classical. Love bossa nova, and the music from Brazil. All Latin Countries have their magical sound. I love them all. I did studied when I was a Kid, classical guitar for over 14 years. When I was at College, my dad founded me studding the guitar and he said to me: Roberto, this is the time that I have to tell you one thing. You do know that I had been supporting you all your studies and of course the guitar, but you must concentrate in your studies, because the guitar will not pay for your bills. I love the way you put your energy on the guitar, but the truth is: you are not that good to be a professional. Study hard on a good profession, and it will pay your bills later on, and play the guitar, first for you, them for your friends and family,the he gave me a big hug!. And this is exactly what I do! I really appreciate very much his lesson of life, and been so truthful to me! He was a loving father. I am an electronic engineer, and have this passion for Martin Logan sound since 87. Warm regards from Costa Rica, my dear Robin! Happy listening.

How many guitars do you think you need to get good sound in your room?

BTW my wife has taken up classical guitar when she retired 2 years ago at 68. She practices 2 hours a day and has a lesson every week. Do you still play?

Joel

Hola Joel. I have to be frank with you. I am using a total of 6 Spanish guitars, the others are not as good as these ones. Starting with one, you have this sound enrichment, and as many as you can have I will say. I have them tunes in different musical notes, and they do resonate and sing along with the music. Yes, I still play for my friends and wife. She likes to show off when I play "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" work of Francisco Tarrega, it is a tremolo, and also Capricho Arabe, another work of Francisco Tarrega. I had the luck to have as a teacher, a direct pupil of Agustin Barrios Mangore, and I learned his technique. This work, Capricho Arabe, had been arranged by Mangore, adding thirds to the main melody, a little complex, but sounds beautiful. My first guitar I have tuned with this notes: E B G D A E, the next one I have E B G D A D, next E C F D G D and the next E C G D G C. These cover most all musical notes. I really enjoy my music that much! Happy listening!.

Wow. If you have a recording of your playing please share it with us.

We have one moderately good guitar. My wife will not let me retune it.

However I really like what you have done!

Joel

Do it better Joel, please come to Costa Rica for a nice vacation, and when you get here, it would be my pleasure to have you. I will play for you and we can listen my system. Have a glass of good wine and we will be in heaven. Happy listening!

Latest posts

Back