Martin Logan Center Channel- Two Questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
Is there a reason why the center channels arent biwire- since its all mids/highs would a biwire design make a difference?
Also- which is better the Theater i or Cinema i?
Thanks!
Nik

Is there a reason why the center channels arent biwire- since its all mids/highs would a biwire design make a difference?
Thanks!
Nik

Theater by a mile! No need to bi-wire or more specifically bi-amp a center channel since they don't have BIG woofers to produce low freq.

I don't know about the 'i' versions, but there was a very significant difference between the predecessors. I owned the Cinema for a couple of months and then tried the Theater to see if it was worth the difference in price ($1500 to $2500 IIRC). I never plugged the Cinema back in. It was that much better.

Because of the way the Martin Logan centers are designed they would have to be tri-wired. So they keep them single wired for simplicity.

how does the stage compare to the theater or theater i?

My dealer says (so take it w/ a grain of salt) that he LOVES the Stage and likes it MUCH better than his Theater i which he is now selling! Of course he gets this stuff for 1/2 off or whatever so he will actually MAKE money on the sale of his Theater i, and totally finance the purchase of his Stage...

As an aside, I tried using a Fresco for a center channel with my Vista's (based on the suggestion that it would work well)

It didn't work well.

The Fresco didn't match the Vistas at all, the sound collapsed to a dull and lifeless 'box' by comparison to the Vistas.

I had questioned if it would work well and was told "Well I've tried it and you haven't so shut up -- I'm telling you it works".

Well, I've tried it myself and that person was *Wrong* or deaf.

-Allen

Humph, my center is tri-wire, tri-amped :devil:

Panel, upper mid-bass section, bottom mid-bass section. :cool:

Sorry, couldn’t resist :p

Thanks!
Nik

The Theater, no question. Always go for the biggest center you can fit and/or afford.

Last edited:
how does the stage compare to the theater or theater i?

Can not compare the Stage to the theater but It is head and shoulders over the cinema i that it replaced.

I agree get the biggest and best you can afford.

Back