Looking for Logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Martin Logan Club and, at the moment, feel that I am here under false pretences as I don't actually own any Martin Logan products but actually that IS why I am posting here.
I live in the UK and have been looking to get myself a set of Martin Logans' but they are soooo expensive here. Also I thought that if I joined the forum I would get the best advice available.
I am looking to get a set of used speakers and I think the SL3 is about the largest that I can consider (make that the largest the wife will consider) so does any member have a pair of Martin Logan speakers that would fit the bill that they are looking to sell.
My budget unfortunately is not very high so max at £1000 ($2000)

I don't know if there would be a specific problem for any of the US members to ship ML's to the UK but I would be willing to pay the shipping (gulp!)

Any advice on what model I should be looking at given size and budget restrictions will be gratefully accepted.

I HAVE A PAIR OF AEONS FOR SELL AND IM ALSO NEW TO THE FAN CLUB.MY NAME IS RICHARD AND I ALSO USE TO WORK FOR THE COMPANY IN LAWRENCE KS THEY ARE IN THE BOX,AND NEVER BEEN USED SO THATS GREAT FOR THE BOTH OF US IM MOVING AND I DONT WANT TO HAUL THEM AROUND AND BEEN TRYN TO SELL THESES THINGS FOR SOME TIME NOW.THE ONLY THING YOU WILL NEED IS A ERO CORD FOR THEM,SORRY DONT HAVE THE CORDS BUT YOU CAN GET THEM FROM THE COMPANY.ANYWAYS HIT ME UP SO WE CAN TALK MORE ABOUT IT MY # 1 785 270 5750 AND EMAIL IS [email protected]

There was an exchange of posts here recently, where someone in the UK wanted to buy SL3s, and found a pair at a good price ($1300, if I remember correctly), but the cost of shipping was prohibitive, and the buyer decided to not proceed. Check the classifieds threads.

BTW, welcome to the club.

Incidentally, rich33, a post in all caps constitutes shouting.

That exchange about the SL3s was actually between jaycee and I. I probably overestimated the size of the SL3 boxes my a few inches, which could have had a significant impact on the shipping cost. For future reference, they're 20" x 20" x 69" (not 24x24x72 as I had estimated).

My SL3s are sold. Found a local buyer who came and picked them up last weekend.

- Jason

This is the spec's -The Aeons have a reported frequency response of 43 Hz – 22,000 kHz, a sensitivity rating of 89 dB and a four-ohm impedance rating. The Aeons stand 57 inches tall, 15.5 inches deep, 10.25 wide and weigh 56 pounds each. They’re not small speakers by most standards, but they’re a far cry from the MartinLogan Statement E2s, MartinLogan’s flagship speaker, which weighs in at a trim 1,800 pounds. The Aeons came to me with standard black rail trim, with the rest of the speaker finished in MartinLogan’s standard black matte. MartinLogan offers 15 different trim options, enabling you to integrate the loudspeakers into a wide variety of decors, some included as standard and some as upgrades for an additional cost. The MartinLogan Aeons retail for $2,995 per pair. Overall, I found the fit and finish of this loudspeaker to be of acceptable quality in this price range.

So like i said hit me up if this is something that mite fit what you want.
Richard
Ps..Dont hate BERNARD just trying to see if the aeon's are something of interest to him

Last edited:
Oxford Audio Consultants

Hi Jacee
I got my Martin Logan Aerius pre owned from Oxford audio Consultants LTD for £600 (Bargin!). Very professional staff and i spent about half a day demoing them you could try and phone them and see if they have any new pre owned stock that isn’t listed on there web site see link.

http://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/index.html

Any way good luck with your search
P.s remember to use the serial number check so you can work out the age.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5178

System 176.

Back