Longer good quality IEC power cords

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Hi all
I've tried to perform a search on this, but the security protocols both here at work and on my home computer causes goofy things to happen.
For my Sequels, I need some power cords that are longer than the six feet that I've been able to find locally. Normally I'd hook them up to extension cords, but that won't be covered under my Tripplite power center's insurance policy, and it's bad practice anyway; a potential source of noise! So, for those who've played with power cords, and needed longer lengths, I'd appreciate your experiences and advice!
Thanks in advance!:D
Ross

Hi all
I've tried to perform a search on this, but the security protocols both here at work and on my home computer causes goofy things to happen.
For my Sequels, I need some power cords that are longer than the six feet that I've been able to find locally. Normally I'd hook them up to extension cords, but that won't be covered under my Tripplite power center's insurance policy, and it's bad practice anyway; a potential source of noise! So, for those who've played with power cords, and needed longer lengths, I'd appreciate your experiences and advice!
Ross
Hello Tube60. I don't really play with longer PC's as I try my best to keep them at a minimum. I noticed that no one has addressed your question yet, so I will give you what knowledge I know. I hope that this helps.

I was in one of the Hi-Fi shops here in Charlotte and I recall a certain conversation from about two years ago. He had mentioned to me that Analysis Plus PC's can be custom made to whatever length the client wanted. The actual cord comes in bulk and then you add the type/quality of plug of your choice.

Granted, that was a while back and they may not do it any more. I don't know but it would be a good thing for you to research into. Sound Systems is where I got this information and John is the owner. Great guy. If all else fails, talk to him. He'll get you going on the right path. IIRC, you have a choice between copper or silver.....but don't hold me to that as it's been a while. Happy hunting.

Hi all
Ross

well, i've built my own from hospital grade for the wall end, and parts from takefive audio up here in canada for the IEC stuff. they sell/sold cryo versions if that's interesting to you. for the wire i used big guage home depot stranded copper, it has the flex i wanted over solid copper's stiffness.

Thanks folks for the advice. I did find Monster Cable 8' cords on their Website, but the local suppliers don't stock them. I haven't yet gone to the local high-end shop to see what they've got but I will soon. I like the DIY approach though! I'll try and find some "unloaded" IEC female plugs somewhere.
Best regards,
Ross

+1 for SignalCable, used exclusively in my new dedicated room.

T-

In a room in another home, I needed a long extension cord to reach an outlet. I ordered a fairly long one from signal cable. Not very expensive and sounded great!

Back