Lexicon RT-20

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about getting the Lexicon player and was wondering if anyone here owned the RT-20 and would share their experience? I know that it doesn't do 1080p or the new HD or BluRay, but I have a large DVD, CD and SACD collection and I'm thinking this unit will get the best out those discs. I'm especially interested in its audio performance, which I suspect is great, from the reviews I've read. I figure I can always get another player for the new HD/BluRay releases later. Any way, if you own one, please tell me what you think about it. Thanks, Steve.

Steve I have not heard the RT-20. I have owned the RT-10 for several years and I still love it. It will play any legacy format with aplomb and has been glitch free. I have considered upgrading but cannot justify the cost. Bought a cheap RCA HD DVD player for a steal at Comp USA but still use the RT-10 for music and plain DVD. My point is that these are showing up on Agon for a prayer and several modders are offering upgrades which are cheap. If money or concerns about impending obsolescence are relevant to your situation this is another option. Just my opinion.

Bought a BAT phono amp instead...

Tony, thanks for the info. I may end up getting the Lexicon, but I will wait a little while. I have a Pioneer Elite player, so it's not like I'm suffering and besides I bought a new BAT VK-P5 phono preamp today. I must have Joey-itis, since I just bought a new Jolida JD 1000RC amp a couple of weeks ago! - Steve

Last edited:
I too have had the RT-10 for several years and still find no reason to upgrade. It replaced a Pioneer Elite, I believe it was the DV-45A. When I got the RT-10 I was expecting a slight upgrade, but it amazed me. It just blew the Pioneer away in every category. There are always better or at least different things out there, but I'm sticking with my RT-10. I can't see you being disappointed with the RT-20.

Thanks Jimbo. Since I just purchased the BAT phono amp (should arrive Tuesday), I will wait on the new digital front end. But, since you said the 10 blew away the Pioneer, maybe I won't wait too long! - Steve

Back