Lets Talk a little....Analog !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the VPI 16.5, there are some unofficial mods I have found and done with success. If you are interested I can tell you about them in an email.
Why not post them right here for us all to see, especially since a number of us have the 16.5? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I know it seems like overkill but Music Direct had a bundle package with the VPI 16.5 and I wanted to be sure I had everything I needed to get rolling...

I have a few friends with extensive record collections and others that are D.J.s at WFIT. I told them when they bring something really cool over to listen to I'd clean their record and give them a new sleeve...

Going to test a friends older TT with some records of unknown quality tonight. Thought it a good idea to clean them up first and if they are in good shape I'll throw them on my TT for a taste test.

Satch

One other thing

Has anybody here found a top notch way to transfer vinyl to digital? I have access to some rare and out of print records and would like to "collect" some of this stuff to the ReadyNAS NV+... I have the Benchmark DAC usb and Squeezebox III.

Anybody have helpful hints for record cleaning day?

Thanks,
Satch

Yeah, only clean records as you prepare to listen to them. Cleaning records is a chore and not something to do for hours at a time. The VPI can overheat, though I've never been able to get it to do so, and it is LOUD AS HELL so beware.

Used albums will be your biggest challenge and may require several cleanings to sound decent. Keep in mind that not every album will clean to an acceptable sound level, that is what the dumpster is for!

Back