Krell kav 250 p

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordovox

Reaction score
Hello again

I might have the chance to buy in mint condition a Krell KAV-250 P Preamp for about 600 usd.

Is still worth it? Does it justify replacing my Sonic Frontiers SFL 1

My power amp is a Vincent SP331

Any suggestions/advices?

Thanks

Cordovox

Hey all

I'll keep the Sonic Frontiers.. :) The Krell don't seem to be reliable no more. And the aesthetics... hmmm.

However, and as I am allways looking for upgrading (it itches.. ) any opinions on the Classé CA 201??

C u later

Thanks

Let's start with what you've found deficient with your current set-up. What is it that you find lacking and what is it you're looking for? Looking at your set up of SF pre and Vincent hybrid amplifier, you have a good set up already. Going to a Classe' CA201 will just be a lateral move just for the sake of change.

Spike

Hey Spike,

Thanks for your comments.

I think you got it right. To be honest, I do not find any defaults on my set-up. I think it's just a question of changing, just for the change, without even knowing if it will improve.

The fact is that the Classé is at a good price and I've been reading and hearing talking about this brand so well...

I guess you made me decide to stay put with my system, which sounds great.

And I have to thank you for it...

Back