Which Classé??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordovox

Reaction score
Hi all

It's been a while since I've came here.

Got a question that maybe you can help.
I have the chance to upgrade my Vincent SP 331 either by a Classé CA 400 or a Classé CA 201. The latter costs more US.100
But Ive been reading better things about the 400 than the 201.
Bothe are 2nd hand, mint condition.
Pre-amp is a Sonic Frontiers SFL 1
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Best regards

I've got the 101. The 201 is a newer design than the 400, but the 400 is a bigger model. Listen to both with your speakers and see what you prefer. I'd probably be leaning toward the 400.

Thanks Amey

You know, I've been slowly upgrading my system, and at this moment, I feel that the weakest link is the Vincent power, altough it sound pretty good (for an amp of that class.)

I have already upgraded the CD player (from a Vincent CD-S 1 to a Imaculate less than 100 hours use, Theta Miles... man, what a difference)
Also upgraded the phono pre, from a Pro-Ject to a ASR Mini Basis and also the Denon DL-103 to a Denon DL 301 Mk2.

Anyway, I guess that after replacing the power amp, I'll be done with "upgradings".

Thanks again for your opinion

Cheers

David

Also made some tweaking in the speaker terminals (bought Harmonic Technologies),

This Classe CA 400 is absolutely imaculate, one previous owner and the guy is asking aprox. 1.600 usd.

I am very tempted.

Back