Kansas is still there.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMAUSGP

Reaction score
Last Tuesday, I picked up a pair of ML Passages that were demos at a dealer. I needed the white grill covers and end-caps instead of the all black setup that they were currently in.

I contacted ML via email that same day and got back a response in minutes. I then called ML and found out that the Passage Grill Kits I wanted were out-of-stock at the moment, but they should have them back in stock in one week, 10 days worse case.

Well I sent an email today to check and was told that they filled and shipped the order Tuesday and provided me with the tracking number. I could see they will be delivered tomorrow morning, that is really awesome.

With all the negative stuff going on, it is really nice to see that the people there in Kansas are still holding up ML's reputation for helping out the customer and keeping their promises:rocker:

Last Tuesday, I picked up a pair of ML Passages that were demos at a dealer. I needed the white grill covers and end-caps instead of the all black setup that they were currently in.

I contacted ML via email that same day and got back a response in minutes. I then called ML and found out that the Passage Grill Kits I wanted were out-of-stock at the moment, but they should have them back in stock in one week, 10 days worse case.

Well I sent an email today to check and was told that they filled and shipped the order Tuesday and provided me with the tracking number. I could see they will be delivered tomorrow morning, that is really awesome.

With all the negative stuff going on, it is really nice to see that the people there in Kansas are still holding up ML's reputation for helping out the customer and keeping their promises:rocker:

Hey - that is really great to hear... But, I expected no less. The 'perception is reality' thing....well that needs a reality check - IMHO.

Hey - that is really great to hear... But, I expected no less. The 'perception is reality' thing....well that needs a reality check - IMHO.

You guys are joking, right? I mean, come on. Really. You are grasping at straws in order to find some silver lining here.

JMAUSGP, they basically communicated with you about an accessory order, and filled the order promptly when the items were back in stock. That's great. That's wonderful. That is what you would expect from any company, and pretty much mirrors my recent experience buying a whole house audio amp from Bose. But it is hardly any indication of what is really going on in Lawrence.

You guys are joking, right? I mean, come on. Really. You are grasping at straws in order to find some silver lining here.

JMAUSGP, they basically communicated with you about an accessory order, and filled the order promptly when the items were back in stock. That's great. That's wonderful. That is what you would expect from any company, and pretty much mirrors my recent experience buying a whole house audio amp from Bose. But it is hardly any indication of what is really going on in Lawrence.

Just not being a pessimist Rich.... Maybe the sky isn't really falling.

Rich,

I am glad that you had a recent good experience with Bose. But you have to understand from my perspective with many companies today, getting things when promised after the sale, well my experience is most of the time things don't work out as promised.

I buy a lot of stuff from a lot of companies and I really mean a lot of stuff. But my experience after the sale has usually been a negative one. In fact, it has gotten so bad that I dread having to contact a company and try to get anything done that is even slightly abnormal.

You see whenever I have been told something is backordered, 95% of the time the promised shipping date is mythical and I am disappointed, not just once but time and time again. I can even think of several instances where the item never came back in stock and I had to eventually cancel the order, and this is after months of dancing with the devil, which meant I had to deal with the company in question's accouting department, wow talk about horror stories. But we don't need to go there, because this had a very happy ending.

I actually would rather know the truth than what I am usually fed to "Keep me hanging on"........I think that is a song title actually....but I digress.

On this Forum we have been talking....okay texting recently about the ills at ML and this was a situation where they could have easily screwed up at any point during the process. The point is they did not, they in fact delivered above my expectations. This wasn't something they could call and get, they had to make it and they followed up along the way which frankly blew me away. Specifically based on what has been stated here lately, I expected a not so perfect outcome.

So to wrap up, I was just reporting a good thing that they are still doing in Kansas. And granted it was from my perspective, but I don't think that makes it invalid that 'ML done good'.:D

Understood. And I am not trying to belittle your experience or put a negative twist on it. I just think you and timm are trying to read much more into it than the simple fact that they sold you an accessory after your speaker purchase and filled the order promptly. I don't think that really tells us all that much about what is or is not going on in Kansas, as you both imply.

Honestly, I think the thread Bernard refers to above is much more informative on the issue, since it is an example of their customer service department promptly and effectively dealing with a warranty issue on a discontinued speaker. That experience of Bruce's gives me a much more positive feeling about what is going on there at the moment.

Rich -- I think you are reading WAY too much in my response... 'Great to hear' - 'perception vs reality' ... As you recall - I was in the 'wait and see' camp..and you didn't need to see or hear anything else - you knew where this was headed....so I'm still waiting .. and still seeing - but, this as well as the other thread is a positive sign... and certainly didn't deserve your 'grasping at straws...silver lining' response....

I too fond Dana to be extremely supportive. He also stated that his and a number of other ML support personnel will remain in Kansas. For me, this was a warm feeling knowing that the support I came to expect from ML is still important to them and remain in the US - (for now).

Back