$ is No Object Your Ultimate Amplifier for ML's...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geezz, this an ESL site and NO one has picked an ESL-centric amp yet?

My take using all Sanders Sound Systems ESL amps and their latest magtech amps (for woofers):

Five of the Sanders Killowatt monoblocks for all the ESL panels I have, one per:

Kilowatt_ampweb.gif

A monoblock amp for the center line array.

mono_amp_frontweb.gif

Three Stereo magtech amps for the woofers and side channels.

A Stereo Magtech amp for the Infinite Baffle (it's hyper efficient and this amp will overpower it)

mono_amp_frontweb.gif

Grand total for the above is $100K.

Not a lot of bling, but boy, a lot of performance that's for sure :cool:

Roger better wish me luck in my new business venture so I can place the order pronto ;)

Last edited:
Geezz, this an ESL site and NO one has picked an ESL-centric amp yet?

My take using all Sanders Sound Systems ESL amps and their latest magtech amps (for woofers):

Grand total for the above is $100K.

Not a lot of bling, but boy, a lot of performance that's for sure :cool:

yeah that's what the specs say but I have my doubts.

his stuff looks sterile and without soul sorry to be so negative.
but then again I have never actually heard these

I get the feeling sanders only cares quantity over quality when it comes to power

Last edited:
Just got the Magtech yesterday...

Anxious to hear how it sounds. I was very impressed with the monoblocks. Roger's a good guy.

ARC 610T (600 W) @ $39,900/pr or VTL Siegfried (600W/300W) @ $40,000/pr, both tubes, both stupidly expensive. If I were actually buying either I would buy the VTL due to the presence of autobias and its control system.

I get the feeling sanders only cares quantity over quality when it comes to power

I was really impressed with his amps.
Having heard his amps now twice, once in Burke's system, and once in my own system when Burke brought them over.

I really enjoyed the way my CLS came to life when driven with his amps.

Well, count me as one who doesn't give a hoot about looks. Yes, even at these prices, I just don’t care, and these are not visually offensive.

I know Roger cares about performance and quality. As attested by all who've tested these amps, they really do deliver. And while the result might not be your cup of tea (sonically), there is not a whole lot of arguing about the accuracy of what they do with ESLs.

But to my main point, I find all this salivating over bling and other factors for amps that were not even designed to drive our type of speakers pretty questionable if what you are looking for is max sonic performance.

This ‘sport’ has its fair share of armchair drag racing and showboating, but at the end of the day, it’s about how the system performs delivering music.

You are welcome to come over and hear them sometime.
--burke

You guys who know me knew this was coming....

MBL 9011 monoblocks in Black and Gold one for each speaker so I guess I will need 7 of them! *(that may be over kill on my little Script surrounds, so maybe I could cut it down to 5! LOL!)

I think with the current exchange rate they are about $65k each!!! INSANE! I LOVE how they look though.

Agree with you tube guys however, that a really high end auto biasing tube amp would be a SWEET addition to an ML system!

Judging by the 60W SET monoblocks built by Russ Dewalt,heard on my CLSs,if he could find a way to double or triple their power,I doubt that a fuller more refined sounding amp exists-but I haven't heard that many good and expensive amps.
The monoblocks use 5X 6528 triodes each.He builds everything himself,and winds the transformers which look like they would be happy in a museum.
Takes him 5-12 months to build a pair.

Agree with you tube guys however, that a really high end auto biasing tube amp would be a SWEET addition to an ML system!
If you bought an autobiasing tube amp you would miss the joys of the care and feeding of a tube amp.

Justin, this comes up again and again in your posts - why do you like a wooden chassis ?

Okay, I know that my Koetsu has a wooden body, but that is an entirely different application, and I like it not because of the wooden body but because of the sound. If it were made of fish eyes and sounded as good, I would still like it.

Think that's an odd question, really. Who doesn't like a nice piece of wood? It's that simple. I'm very fond of copper to look at too. No other reason, really.

hey george, you probably already know this. but after a long time, josh finally has his site up and running again.

I called Electronluv last year to get a ballpark price. They told me no new orders until they figured out how to honor the existing ones. And once that was taken care of the pricing and production issues would be re-examined.

If you have any news or links on them, please post it or PM me, love their stuff.

I think the dream amp for me is one where I suggest a general industrial design, and someone custom makes an amp for my speakers; like a tailored suit - perfect fit. :)

LAMM ML3 Signature

My amps of choice would be the LAMM ML3 Signature 4 piece mono-blocks. They are hands down the best amplifier I have ever heard.

At 135K they are out of my reach.

Back