Where to go for advice and help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmstpierre

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am wondering where I could find some info in regards to building and designing a HT room my self.This would be for a non ML set up but focal speakers.
I have decided to exchange my theos for ethos and spend $3000 dollars for a company ( from Spain)to do the acoustic treatment of the room which is multi purpose room where music is the focus over movies. I basically sent them my plans, photos of what is in the room, dimension and they send me an email back with all that is needed and a few weeks later they sent all the acoustic panels and treatment and where to place them exactly.this was advised by the ML dealer that took the theos back in favor of the ethos. I was almost going to go for the kontis but again was advised to spend that extra money o. Getting the room right.
Well now, I ve pretty much spent all the money allocated from the budget into this room and I am left wanting the same for the Ht but can t afford it.
That s why I d like to get some direction as where to go and build a monster HT room myself.I am an electrician so pretty hands on and done heaps of renos . I already have the ht gear ( panasonic pt ae7000, focal 826 fronts and matching centre and surround with an anamorphic 106 inch screen). The room is an empty shell at the mount and can do pretty much anything I want as long as I do it myself and don t spend ridiculous dollars.the room is 6900mm long by 4200mm wide., so should I do non parallel wall, slope ceiling, carpet ceiling and walls and floors.......please help me..:D
Well I hope to read from you soon with some great advice and tips or web links.
Sincerely yours
John

Back