Is It Easy Taking Panels/Frames Apart???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mact3333

Reaction score
Sounds easy from the directions ML emailed me but has anyone done it?...I want to essentially remove the wodden frames and get it stripped down and re-stained a different color....worth the hassle???...thx.

Yes, it's really easy. You either tap upwards or downwards, depending upon which speaker you have, and the rails slide off easily. Reassembly is also easy. Worth the hassle? That's your call.

Agree with Bernard. If I can do it, anyone can. Hint, I'm a real klutz.

May want to get some new foam strips that adhere to the bottom portion of the speaker before you start.

Call ML on this. They can give you details.

While you are at it, you may want to consider dampening the woofer module and driver.
See my thread in "Tweaks" for further information.

GG

If I remember correctly you had CLS.
Here is a link to a video on how to remove the panels from the frame.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61645&postcount=1
I refinished my CLS frames, it was easy and worth the hassle.
They were originally Dark Oak, I stripped them down and refinished them in Cherry. Turned out very nice.

Thx for link, but it doesnt work when I unzip that file...would love to see a movie on how its done...should have said in original post that I indeed do have the CLS's so abit different that removing panels from ML's with woofers.

BTW, your CLS re-stains turned out great...and your listening room looks great also....mine is still a work in progress.

re-try the zip file.. I just did it and it worked fine.

tried again...i get jibberish looking letters only...but since I did last update with Apple 10.6.6 I cant open adobe pdf files either...cant seem to unzip that file as a movie.

EDIT: ok, opened it up with Windows based computer and it works fine...thx.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back