Installed and my first impressions on the new sub BalancedForce 210

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola Roberto, congratulations on the new sub!

as you might imagine, I will chime in on the PBK topic ;)

It's fine to trust your ears, but without the ability to change EQ by hand, you are not able to impact room modes that all rooms inevitably have in the low bass.

I strongly urge to to at least give it a try. The PBK process is fairly simple, and you can judge whether the results are better or not and disable it if you do not like it. However, my bet is you will find a significant improvement in blend to the CLX as well as much smoother bass, as the process will likely reduce whatever primary resonant mode your relatively small room might have.

Don't let the low-cost mic deter you, these things are compensated for with mic calibration files in the PBK software. Plus the lower frequencies are much less demanding in terms of mic quality. A custom PBK filter for your room/speaker setup will completely transform the results. It's not subtle.

Measuring is very critical to do right. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please post your questions here.

Saludos.

Gracias Jonathan. Siempre con consejos sabios. The final judgement is your ears. Then, I am having a lot of fun. It is an awesome sub. My dear Costa Rican brother, soy muy terco! I am getting just the right amount of the deepness of the bass that my ears like. Do not worry. I love bass. And this sub is what I was searching for. It is a great piece. I do know how do you like the graphics, and how well you can read them, and how to get the most of them. But believe me, it is sounding great! Fuerte abrazo!

Back