Installed and my first impressions on the new sub BalancedForce 210

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
Hola. Just installed my new sub. My very first impression is: better integration with my CLXs. There is more bass detail, and a better sense of huge space. Just played the Saint Saez Symphony No3 for organ and orchestra, at the second movement, the organ bass notes are more real now. My previous sub, the Depht I, is great too, but this new 210, is like not having any sub, because you do not listen to it, it just blends with my CLXs as part of them...I am very happy with the results and my improving bass performance in my systmem. This is a great product to use and also, a delicatessen for my ears. This is a big size sub, the pictures does not show how big it is. Happy listening!

Updates

Sounds like u have done some significant updates to your system with the stage x, new 210 sub do u feel one sub will do the job for u and not two? Sure would like to able to hear your system with those CLX's. I've heard them one time at a dealer with krell's equipment right after they came out. Nice to see you enjoy your system so much has m/l made any improvements since then to the CLX's . Enjoy!

Thanks Ken. Remember that my room is very small. Two will be a must if you have a large room. I am very happy with my new improved sound. I am in the process to adjust the right amount of level. I do like a lot the new volume control know. You can adjust it with more precision, because to me, it is a logarithmic control. Moving the knob from one mark to the other, the change is very slight. I do like this a lot. Happy listening!

Congratulations on the new sub, Roberto! It's always nice when a new piece of equipment improves the listening experience.

Sure would like to able to hear your system with those CLX's.
I'm going to listen to that system in exactly 10 days! I'm going to Costa Rica for Christmas, and am going to spend an afternoon with Roberto. Can hardly wait to spend time with the wise man!

I'm going to listen to that system in exactly 10 days! I'm going to Costa Rica for Christmas, and am going to spend an afternoon with Roberto. Can hardly wait to spend time with the wise man!

Good for you Bernard ! I suspect it will be slightly warmer there than Ottawa !

Thanks for the update, Roberto! I'll be interested in hearing your perceptions as you continue dialing it in. I'm actually working on getting one of the 210's to pair with my Summits!

Sleepysurf, all I can say is what my dad once said to me: quality has no regret! This new sub is pure quality. ML did a good homework here. The sub is big, and weights over 100 pounds!. I like the controls, and do like a lot how easy is to set it up. The controls on the top of the sub are similar as the Depht I. What I do like about the sound, is that I do not hear it! I do feel it on the very low musical notes. I am getting a huge sound stage. Bigger than ever!. When I was a kid, I had a band, and I played guitar and electric bass. The bass now is superb!. You can distinguish every musical note at the bass easy. No messy bass.
Bernard, I do know that we are going to have a wonderful afternoon. Besides, you will be playing with all the things that I have around. Happy listening!

Congratulations on the new sub, Roberto! It's always nice when a new piece of equipment improves the listening experience.
Thank you so much! It really made a big difference in my system. I still can not believe how good this product is! My ears are very happy!

Lucky man :)

Roberto, did you use the PBK?

Also, which "finish" did you get?

I saw the walnut and black finishes at a recent demo, and they're gorgeous. However, I'm thinking of having a custom "end-table" enclosure built to place over mine, with acoustically transparent fabric sides... for better WAF!

Hola Roberto,

Good on you for buying the new sub. Having read your initial impressions, I wonder if I should wait (code for save) and get this sub. I was getting ready to buy the Depth I since it is now discountined. Can you please, on a comparison basis, tell us the improvments over the Depth (ie., if the Depth is 7 of 10, what would be the score for the new sub?)

sub 210.JPG
Roberto, did you use the PBK?

Also, which "finish" did you get?

I saw the walnut and black finishes at a recent demo, and they're gorgeous. However, I'm thinking of having a custom "end-table" enclosure built to place over mine, with acoustically transparent fabric sides... for better WAF!

I think I am going to be nailed here. I do trust in my ears, and I do not like any computer to do my ears job. I belong to the old fashion type person. I have to be honest. Tools are indispensable in our lives. They make our job easier and using them the right way, is the way to do any task, better. But, when I am using a cheap microphone, and it will be equalizing my sound, to get the best of what I have, I rather choose my ears. What I like, perhaps you might do not like it, or you could. This new sub, is specially made for music lovers. I am not too movie guy, but I do have some blu rays around, like James Bond, or Jason Bourne. I like action and sound effects. Getting back to the 210 in stereo music, the blend with my CLXs is outstanding. The Depth I blends nicely, but having it over 3 years, I did not made possible to disappear it. The 210 does!!!. The adjustment of the volume is an easy task. I have being using it only for a week, and I made possible my dream: it is not there! (pointing my finger from my seating position to the sub). The bass notes are coming from the bass player at the stage. The deepness of the notes is just right! It changes from one recording to the other, and this is a true for us! There are recordings with tons of bass energy, and others lack the bass energy...what to do? I choose a heavy bass recording, like Brian Bromberg Woods album, and I adjust the sub is a way that I do not hear it, I do feel it, I perceive it!. But again, this is my liking.
The finish is dark cherry as my CLXs. It looks fabulous.
The wife is very happy too.

Last edited:
I do not mean to be nosey! However, I see a Paradigm box in the photo. Do you also have a sub from this brand? Now that the two makes are under one roof, I wonder if the 210 sounds similar to Paradgim's Signature series subwoofers.

Northy, you are not. Paradigm is a sister brand of ML and Anthem. And yes, I have the pleasure to have some of their goods too. That box, was an Ultra Cube sub, that I was using, because I sold my Depth I, and did not have any more ML subs around. You can live with the CLXs without a sub, but for movies, a sub is a must. I had that unit on had, and did enjoy the fun to play with it. It is more for HT sound than for Stereo, but still, you can enjoy it. Happy listening!

My friend,

The new sub looks gorgeous and I assume, sounds the same.

Is the permanent placement for your new sub the same as shown in the picture?

Gordon

Hola Gordon...Thanks!. I am moving it around to find the right place for it. There, it is just for the pic. And yes, it is what my CLXs needed. Happy listening!

That is a sweet looking sub. Congrats Roberto!!

Thanks Timm. It is coming as it should. The break-in time is not too long. Now, I am listening new things that I did not before. The deepness is better, and it is when a heavy big note is there. It reproduces the right amount of energy of every bass note. I have another jewel in my system. Thanks ML for a such good product! Happy listening!

I don't have a coffee table right now, maybe I can place that in the centre of the room

Robert, for my Summits, do you think having this sub will improve the bass integration?

Back