Illusion ESL C34A input please

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
Illusion Centre Channel

Is anyone using the Illusion Centre Channel. How do you rate it? Thanks

Last edited:
Not an owner of one, but interested to hear actual owners impressions of the Illusion.

If the owner(s) could also state how they have it installed (pic preferred), that would be great to hear/see as well. So much of how a center performs is defined by the setup. Actually, that's true for any speaker ;)

I have seen this request many times, but have yet to read any owner feedback on this speaker. I agree with you JonFo, on the setup of this speaker. Versatility of application is not it's strong point, from what I see.

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 111
I am thinking of using them as a Right & Left Speaker (2 of them). Spoke with ML and they said yesterday a number of folks are doing this . Do you think that it is strong enough to be a Right and Left. Also what do you drive your Illusion with? Thanks

I am thinking of using them as a Right & Left Speaker (2 of them). Spoke with ML and they said yesterday a number of folks are doing this . Do you think that it is strong enough to be a Right and Left. Also what do you drive your Illusion with? Thanks

McIntosh MC 303 Amp. 300 watts per channel for the Illusion center channel and the Motif surrounds. MC601's for the CLX's. 600 Watts per channel.

That was one of my first ideas when I saw the prototypes. We experimented and they did a good job so I can see that as a solution when someone doesn't want the vertical presence of any speaker. you will need to tilt them back a bit but the spikes allow for that. The soundstage does come up in height and is natural. They play loud, goes fairly low. Yes, Expressions at the similar price is a better choice if the height is not an issue.

Back