If not ML...what other speaker?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roberto, according to stereophile, that's what they cost in 2008. I don't know what they sell for now.

I did see them at the CES but did not have the chance to listen to them... the Maggies are another possibility if I do not have ML around. Honestly, I really like what I am listening through my CLXs... they are now begining to giving me love!...Happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
I did see them at the CES but did not have the chance to listen to them... the Maggies are another posibility if I do not have ML around. Honestly, I really like what I am listening through my CLXs... they are now begining to giving me love!...Happy listening,
Roberto.

I have to agree with Roberto... I've scratched my head over this question... thinking "Maybe the Wisdom setup?... or Avalon's top end cloaked monks?.. or high end Kharma?... the big Dynes?... or Apogees?" ... I've heard most of these speakers in high-end stores or shows so I can't compare what they might sound like in my listening space... but without a shred of doubt, the CLX have brought me closer to the music, closer to the nuanced essence of the artist's intent, than any other speaker I've ever owned or heard.

I have to agree with Roberto... I've scratched my head over this question... thinking "Maybe the Wisdom setup?... or Avalon's top end cloaked monks?.. or high end Kharma?... the big Dynes?... or Apogees?" ... I've heard most of these speakers in high-end stores or shows so I can't compare what they might sound like in my listening space... but without a shred of doubt, the CLX have brought me closer to the music, closer to the nuanced essence of the artist's intent, than any other speaker I've ever owned or heard.

Hm... I'm just about to cover Kharma and Avalon in the Munich report. Stick with your CLXs, Todd:)

Trios & basshorns - you must have the basshorns I reckon - is another question. I'd take them over CLXs + Descents. Must admit I haven't heard CLXs with Descents, just CLXs - but I can imagine as I own a Descent.

You might not agree - but I think that AG setup is formidable indeed.

Hm... I'm just about to cover Kharma and Avalon in the Munich report. Stick with your CLXs, Todd:)

Trios & basshorns - you must have the basshorns I reckon - is another question. I'd take them over CLXs + Descents. Must admit I haven't heard CLXs with Descents, just CLXs - but I can imagine as I own a Descent.

You might not agree - but I think that AG setup is formidable indeed.

Based on your "trumpeting" of the AG setup, I really do very much want to hear them! Looking forward to your continued excellent and entertaining coverage!

Cheers

Depends what you're after. For movie watching, I've never heard anything as good as my Summit Xs. For pure music listening, I'll take any Harbeth every time. I currently have the Compact 7ES-3 and the P3ES-R and they are both absolutely wonderful.

Has anyone tried a full Shindo system?
I recently chanced upon a used Shindo Masseto preamp for my Martin Logan Summit X system and the musicality blew me away!
From what online and user reviews have written, the full Shindo system with their field-coil Latour speakers are supposedly audio nirvana for musical involvement and the feeling of being in the performance.

Latest posts

Back