home Theater Setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tah800

Reaction score
I recently set up my home Theater system. I have Carver Speakers for the front ,a Martin Logan Theater i as my center and Martin Logan Scripts in the back. I have the Sunfire TGP-5 as my pre/pro and the Sunfire Grand Cimema Signature surround amp at 425x5 and finally the Carver Silver 9t's to run the big Carvers. The directions for my processor call for me to set the speakers all at the same sound levels which I did using a sound decible meter. My problem is that the Carvers are so inefficient that in order to get them going at all I have to increase the volume which in turn makes the more efficient Logans play too loud. I do have trim settings for the center and rear speakers but those being much finer settings don't really do the trick. I'm wondering if I should set the Carvers higher in the initial setup to offset their inefficiency. That would go against the original instructions to set them all the same. Just wondering what your thoughts on this would be. Thxs Art

Back