Hi from Quebec Canada

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAcoustat

Reaction score
Hi my name is André MrAcoustat Sévigny i am new to THIS forum but very active in others i have been an audiophile for more than 40 years my only interest is in 2 channel audio i am a full range panel user and have been for the last 28 years six different pairs i have nothing against box speakers BUT i prefer panels any kind of panels i think that you get much more for your dollar but hey it's a free country i will post my Keep It Simple system in the members system Thank's for looking

PS: Iy you are interested in the making of my mofied Acoustat's you may see photos in my Flickr photo galery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

Last edited:
MrAcoustat Keep it simple system

My name is André Sévigny

I live in Sainte Catherine Québec Canada

Chord CPM-2600 integrated amplifier

Chord One Cd player

Acoustat 1+1 ( 1984 ) modified speaker

I'm sorry this post should be in the MEMBERS SYSTEM

Attachments

• Keep It Simple 1000 X 750.jpg
    Keep It Simple 1000 X 750.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Welcome, Mr Acoustat..

I didn't move any of your posts... Maybe one of the other moderators did... Love your system and your dedication to the Acoustat brand.. They are the speakers I always wanted before I discovered ML... After a quick search online, it looks like the brand has been bought and they're making multimedia speakers.. Looks like the same logo: http://www.acoustat-hifi.com/acoustat_products.html

I've never had a non ML owner register and want to post his system here... You're into stats, and that's great... Just not sure it's correct to post your system in the Member Systems area..

Anyone else care to share thoughts on this matter?

Last edited:
Hey Andre - we know each other from Canuck Audio Mart site. you already know that ever since seeing 2+2 at Ed [Meitner]'s shop I've appreciated them

Just can't get that 96" into a house :)

Tom - perhaps a non-ML member's panel systems topic area? I know I never posted my vintage lp12 quad MC60 system because it's not ML. And Justin does have tasty Apogees.

Of course some member's threads have evolved from ML to their non-ML setup - Chris is one i believe, but may be wrong on that.

Tom - perhaps a non-ML member's panel systems topic area? I know I never posted my vintage lp12 quad MC60 system because it's not ML. And Justin does have tasty Apogees.

Of course some member's threads have evolved from ML to their non-ML setup - Chris is one i believe, but may be wrong on that.

Sorry i did not know that it was a Martin Logan ONLY forum, i will ask them to cancel my subscription.

Andre, i think you might be overreacting. Noone said you weren't welcome. Tom said:

Just not sure it's correct to post your system in the Member Systems area..

Anyone else care to share thoughts on this matter?

And I answered that if Tom has doubts than maybe a new topic area for the non-ML systems. There are a few. my own QUAD/McIntosh system included..

Your system is a labour of love and I've watched it evolve over the years as you've upgraded electronics and had Jocelyn work on your acoustats. It would be great, to see it showcased anywhere. There are a lot of non-ML systems here - but yours is the first to inspire a topic for just the non-ML systems.

That's a more of a compliment than a dismissal.

pax

Tom, a +1 for Zaph's suggestion of a non-ML panels section or sub-forum.

Many of the system setup, room acoustics and all the care and feeding a large panel speaker require are common across the brands of speakers.

Personally, I'd love it if Sanders, Soundlab and other panel owners chimed in here as well. Although we could see long 'religious' back-and-for threads about 'mines better ...' but oh well, that happens anyway in this hobby, even if just talking about a cable ;)

Sorry i did not know that it was a Martin Logan ONLY forum, i will ask them to cancel my subscription.

first off....I'm the one who put your pics, system description here under your intro post. Since it is not an M/L system I felt it best belong alongside your intro post. Also for the record it did not follow posting guidelines (owners system section) to begin with.

Now as far as the forum, non-MLO owners are more than welcome to participate.

Adding a section of Non ML systems under the "Members Systems" area is an idea and I'm willing to consider it, but I guess I just don't understand why a non ML owner would want to jump into a ML owners chat forum. Will he be discussing things about ML's? Is he looking at buying some ML's down the road or has he owned ML's in the past? It would be like me joining a Harley forum.. I've never owned one.. Never would own one..

Personally, i think he'll get bored here, as not many of us have experience with Acoustats. And I don't know how I feel about him trying to steer people away from the ML brand as he did here.

There are issues common to all electrostats, and the comparison between the various panels could make for interesting discussion .

J

Latest posts

Back