HI Folks Newbie Here! Lking for assist in gaining Natural Hi's fron New Electomotion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right Rich, and I should have edited better. I was commenting only upon the latter portion of Gordon's post:

"Basis is that these type circuits compromise integrity of the sound. Goal is to create the most simple path from preamp to amplifier, thereby maximizing quality and purity."

Thanks for clarifying, Ken. I think Gordon's statement holds true as an explanation of why preamps with simpler circuits and a direct signal path were preferred by audio enthusiasts in the past. But, obviously, time and technological innovation marches on. I have to admit that I wasn't even aware that high end two-channel preamps incorporating advanced DSP were available now. Seems like a very interesting development and one I will have to research further. Thanks for enlightening me on that development.

Edit: Ken, I just looked up your trinnov, and it seems like an excellent processor. But, technically, they don't say it is a preamp. They say it is a processor, to go between your preamp and your amp. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Guess Trinnov's flexible in their nomenclature, as it's definitely a preamp/processor as customarily defined. Looks like the only product they actually call a preamp is the Amethyst, which is pretty much the same item artfully packaged for the high-end market and with a bit more input flexibility. Even has a phono preamp!

Pricey, though.

As you know from my posts, I've been down this road for four years, now. Three with the TacT, and the last with Trinnov.

Hi, which 2 channel amps have DSP?
Amp amps = none. A very few integrated amps, but you need to define what functions you're looking for as DSP covers a lot of territory.

Ken,

How pricey? I'm very close to replacing my current CJ preamp with the CJ ET5.

Gordon

Amethyst ~$13K
ST-2 HiFi ~$8k
ST-2 PRO ~$7K

All share the same internal DSP engine and provide 4ch I/O e.g. mains + 2 subs, true biamp (as I'm now doing), etc. Primary differences are in cosmetics and I/O configuration. Amethyst has phono pre, others do not. Amethyst has 192/24 I/O, others do not - yet.

More channels (up to 32) no problem, but more $$$.

Back