Hey from Canada

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossi46

Reaction score
How's it going guys, long time lurker and decided to register after joining the ML owners fraternity. I have a new set of Spires on the way after being a Magnepan guy for some time. Cheers.:rocker:

Stats and damn stats

Welcome to the " stats" department!

Maggies are special but Martin Logans are " specialer"!

Seriously, bad grammar aside, glad to see you share the journey with us.

I also had 2 pairs of Maggies over the years and still miss them.

Fjeff

Welcome to the forum - where it's all about the transparency ;)

Which model(s) Maggies did/do you own?

I've had several trysts myself including Tympani 1D, MG3.6r, and MG12. Gotta say though, as much as I enjoyed them, I agree with Jeff's specialer comment... and I might even go as far as "specialest".

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Oh and TSV, I enjoyed reading your thread about the CLX's, quite entertaining and funny. I have the Magnepan 3.6's with the Wyred4Sound SX-1000 monoblocks. They sound fantastic and I actually really like them, but I got a good deal on the Spires. I listened to them at our local dealer and really liked the analytical nature of the Spires as well as the better bass and impact.
That isn't to say that I don't like the Magnepans, in fact, I could see why people would prefer them and call them more musical. I like an analytical sound, not sterile, but I really like hearing every minute details and tell to like slightly brighter sounds. I am in the midst of selling my maggies and will likely have them both in the house at the same time for a head to head comparison, I will post my observations.

On a side note, the WFS mono's are amazing and push the Maggies wonderfully, excited to see them with the ML's. Does anybody have any experiences they can share? Cheers.

Back