Hello from CA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarist

Reaction score
This looks like a great site.

I owned a pair of ML ReQuests until I got married:my wife thought they were too big for the living room! So, I sold them :( and bought some BMW 804S. They lasted for 5.5 years until I just had to have another set of ML speakers. My wife relented, and I ordered a pair of Theos last week--should have them later this week. Fortunately, they are about 12" shorter and will not dominate the room as much as the ReQuests did!

I mainly listen to classical music, and 95% of my purchases are multi-channel SACD recordings.

By day I'm a high school English teacher, and at night in my "spare time" I play classical guitar.

I guess that's enough for now.

Welcome, congrats on the Theos (as I said to you on another forum, much better choice that the B&W 804's !)..... so are you going to keep the 804s for surround sound duty or do you already have that covered ?

Welcome, congrats on the Theos (as I said to you on another forum, much better choice that the B&W 804's !)..... so are you going to keep the 804s for surround sound duty or do you already have that covered ?

Thanks! No, I sold them on Audigon within two hours of listing them! I'm going to use my Energy surrounds until I can sweet talk my wife into some ML surrounds!

Welcome to the Martin Logan Owners community.

I have heard the ML ReQuests with previous generation Krell stereo power amplifier. The sound was very transparent, the soundstage had great depth and the presented lots of musical information. Furthermore the ReQuest had an acoustic suspension or sealed box woofer. The ReQuests had understated but deep bass. One reason being not to over power the acoustic from the electrostatic panel. Second reason to better integrate the two different transducer technologies. I prefer the crisp, clean and tight sound of acoustic suspension woofers to bass reflex woofer.The ML Spire's, now sadly discontinued had an acoustic suspension woofer like all the previous generation ML speakers. The ML Spire i have not heard bit i am sure like the ReQuest are great sounding speakers. Happy Listening to the great hand crafted Theos hybrid electrostatic loudspeaker.

Last edited:
Welcome Guitarist!

I'm sure you (and your wife) will love the Theos. I also listen to a fair amount of classical too and, like you, much of it on SACD. There are very few speakers on this planet that present the nuances of classical as well as MLs. Keep us posted on your progress and pics are always very much appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks, everyone! I'll report back as soon as I get them...well, after I enjoy them for a bit!

Back