Greetings from Music City USA..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_2270

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just found this forum, but I'm extremely pleased to report that I've been a Martin Logan owner for about a year now after acquiring a pair of pristine, mint conditon ML Aerius speakers in April of 2011. What's crazy is that the seller ended up being located only 3 miles from my home, which made transporting them a complete breeze.

After a year of listening to the Aerius speakers, I can honestly say that I am completely ecstatic with the wonderfully warm, open, musical, and non-fatiguing sound emanating from them. The speakers came with the original boxes and the alternate sets of wood inlays, although I really like the all-black look that the previous owner had fitted on them.

Prior to buying the MLs, I've had a pair of Magnepan 2.7r speakers since 1995, still in my living room, and before the Maggies, I owned a pair of Rectilinear III speakers that I purchased new in 1975, lol.. I also own a couple sets of vintage JBL speakers (L65s & L150s) that I acquired during a recent collecting binge. I can honestly state that the Martin Logan Aerius speakers blow all of these others away.

I'm currently driving the MLs with a recapped/refurbed Marantz 240 amp, and a Marantz 7T pre-amp. I am a long-time Marantz enthusiast, and I enjoy taking the 'path less traveled' with regard to my system set-up.

I can't wait to start delving into the various discussion areas here. I've been a major music fan for many years and I have many musical interests.

Thanks for reading!

Best regards,

Rick
Nashville

Welcome Rick!

Thanks for the background and great to hear that you're loving your MLs. Look forward to seeing your posts in and around.

Cheers

Todd

Welcome to the forum, Rick! I'm located about two hours drive south of you in Huntsville. Love your setup -- classic speakers driven by classic components. Spend some time reading the back pages of the forum when you get a chance. Lots of good discussion of electronics, speakers, acoustic treatments, etc.

Welcome,
I once had Aerius i's also, very nice speakers indeed!!
Cheers, Greg

Welcome Rick! I also had the Aerius speakers, for over fifteen years! They respond incredibly to room acoustical treatments. To really experience the bass of which they are capable, I highly recommend some GIK Tri Traps for the front corners.

Rick, Welcome.......Nashville, you share the same city with my favorite jazz pianist....Ms Beegie Adair

Back