Great CES 2007 site

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HsvToolFool

Reaction score
This guy has more high-rez audio-p0rn photos than I've seen before. All the good stuff was in the Venetian.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Man! There are some butt-ugly speakers in there. What's with all of the retro 50's pseudo-space-age designs? There also seems to be a Bose-like trend to mount a bazillion little drivers into a single speaker. The turntable designs are the best things in all of the pictures, along with some of the tube amps. One of those seems to be more about form than function though - the tubes are enclosed in solid glass/acrylic cylinders which seems like it would make them get hot.

Somewhere... somewhere... in that pile of CES photos (or on another site) I saw an extreme power source which I want to read more about. I think it shared the Bryston room and the commentary was regarding the massive toroidal transformer's weight, which I think was 300 lbs!

A 50 amp 220V source is fed to the box, which then transforms that into five 20A circuits which are very clean and 60 Hz sinusoidal. It cost around $8000 as I recall.

Has anyone heard of such a beast?

Somewhere... somewhere... in that pile of CES photos (or on another site) I saw an extreme power source which I want to read more about. I think it shared the Bryston room and the commentary was regarding the massive toroidal transformer's weight, which I think was 300 lbs!

A 50 amp 220V source is fed to the box, which then transforms that into five 20A circuits which are very clean and 60 Hz sinusoidal. It cost around $8000 as I recall.

That is the new Richard Gray Power Company PowerHouse 3X.

Here is the link: http://www1.electronichouse.com/poty/14703.html

I don't know about the Gray but it might have been Bryston's own. Check this previous thread out (from last years CES I believe):

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=1535&highlight=bryston+power

Back