Got my new stuff!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danman

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted but I was upgrading and now very satisfied. I have just aquired a very mint 4B-ST Bryston and a YBA2 PreAmp with dual power supply!

My Quests have new panels as well so now I am in heaven! I have always loved Bryston gear and this amp makes them sing so well I wonder if I will even upgrade for at least a few years as I can't imagine getting much better for at least 4 times the price! I tried so much stuff in the last 2 months that my head was spinning however, this combo was the best to me!

I also built bass traps and acoustic traps for my room that made a huge difference as before I had a strange echo that is now gone as well as no more bass holes when I would walk around in the room.

Happy Guy!

Bryston with the Quests is a good combo. The bass traps will really help them too as the Quest can get boomy if they are to close to the walls. (I know I owned a pair )

I also built bass traps and acoustic traps for my room that made a huge difference as before I had a strange echo that is now gone as well as no more bass holes when I would walk around in the room.

Happy Guy!
Do you have any pics of the construction? Were they the John Risch ones, or something else?

No pictures as I just built them today. I used ROXUL insululation wool that is used for acoustic damping as well as being fire proof.

BIG difference especially when I put them on the back wall.............less reflection and much tighter bass. My room was too "hard" before.

They measure 16" x 4ft and I made 6 of them. behind the speakers I have 2 placed in each corner as well as 1 directly 90 degrees on the wall. In front I put one in each corner and will probably add one to the top wall behind where I sit. Seems to have solved a lot of the rooms echo problems.

Back