getting audio to garage wirelessly (or similar)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonmenninger

Reaction score
My main home theater is in the basement and I do have a seperate receiver with speakers in the garage. i want to be able to send my audio signal up to the garage somehow without having to run a 200 foot cable... any ideas on this? Not all that worried about sound quality, but it should sound decent :)

thanks!

Last edited:
The Sonos music server or Slim Devices SB3 come first to mind. The Sonos is more expensive but I like the versions with the built in amplifiers. Just add speakers. That is what I have in my kitchen, office, and garage/back deck.

Do you want to stream just one source (say audio from a PC running iTunes or a squeezeBox) or everything and anything that you're playing in the home theater?

I do not want to stream from my pc! I just want the option to hear in my garage system whatever is playing in the HT . We go out in the garage to smoke and I would hate to miss a great song that is coming up next! :ROFL:

AV Transmitter

Check the site listed below. These AV senders will send both video and HIFI audio through walls up to 300 feet. I use these myself and they work very well. You can use any kind of stereo system that you want in the garage and just treat the AV sender/receiver as a source on your garage stereo system. You could even use ML speakers in the garage;) maybe a used set of Summits.:rocker: http://www.avdeals.com/transmitters/avs5811.htm

I do not want to stream from my pc! I just want the option to hear in my garage system whatever is playing in the HT . We go out in the garage to smoke and I would hate to miss a great song that is coming up next! :ROFL:

The Sonos can do both, stream from a NAS or relay from analog input jacks.

Check the site listed below. These AV senders will send both video and HIFI audio through walls up to 300 feet. I use these myself and they work very well. You can use any kind of stereo system that you want in the garage and just treat the AV sender/receiver as a source on your garage stereo system. You could even use ML speakers in the garage;) maybe a used set of Summits.:rocker: http://www.avdeals.com/transmitters/avs5811.htm

yes, this is something I am looking for... The Sonos is too expensive for my garage!

thanks

Back