Stream audio & video to another room?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Hartwick

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a very fast PC in my main living space I use for gaming and YouTube. The video is passed via HDMI from my video card to the TV and the audio is handled via optical with a seperate DAC.

I am looking for a way to wirelessly send the audio and video signal to the 65" TV in my bedroom. I want to do this so I can play PC games in bed with an Bluetooth Xbox controller because this is just how I like to live my best bachelor life 😉.

I REALLY don't want to build a second PC to go in my bedroom because high end graphics cards are obviously very expensive but I'm not sure the best way to go about this. I'm pretty good with computers but when it comes to networking and things like that I'm pretty lost.

I have included a complete drawing of my apartment layout with the locations of the PC, internet router and the dimensions between components. If anyone has some ideas on how to do this I'm all ears.

Attachments

• apartment.png
    apartment.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
I haven't looked at this for a while, but there were some pretty neat networking tricks between windows-based gaming PCs and Xboxes... couldn't you just get a 1-generation old Xbox, use the now-local Xbox (with mean MF graphics & sound capabilities built in), have that connected up to TV & audio...? There used to be a "Media Center client" on the XBox.. not sure what happened with that after they killed Media Center on Windows 7/10.

Also, just an FYI, there's a cool product out there by SiliconDust called HDHomerun... it's a little box you plug OTA/Cable feed into, and it broadcasts on your network. Turns any Android, iOS, Mac or PC device into a TV. I use mine with a Nvidia Shield, Samsung Tablet, iPad, etc.

Where possible, use network cabling (copper does not speak "Latency" like WiFi does), and if not possible, look at sinking some $$$ into a new high-performance wifi router ( Best Gaming Router for Xbox )

OK, back to core of original question:
Something like this? - https://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Presentation-Equipment-Streaming-Projector/dp/B09FPHWNHY
Assuming your Bluetooth connection will be stable enough, etc., etc., etc.

Sorry for the convoluted way of getting there...

p.s. After the insane metalwork you've taken on, bypassing passive X-Overs and implementing digital filter Active XO's, it's interesting (yes, / weird!) that you are not comfortable with networking! Not a slam by any means... for me it's just the opposite! I wish I had your skillset!

Actually, I have a 6900XT from AMD so that would likely be a problem.
The nvidia solution would be the most simple, but require you spend more $$.
You could pick up a 4080 for about $1200 and it could significantly outperform what you have now. Looks like the PSU should be at least 750 watts on your pc.

Last edited:
I don't know why I never thought of using a wireless HDMI transmitter, that's definitely the easiest way to go. I'll likely go this route at least to give it a try.

Back