Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great race.

Hamilton is incredible, this was his *worst* F1 race, and he still finished on the podium!
He actually finished two slots lower than he started, so that's 'bad' for him. Incredible, he’s definitely a serious championship contender.

The Ferraris were awesome yesterday. Massa deserves a medal for his drive. Going from last to 5th, and doing all that on-track passing is a heck of job.
It also means those red cars are a serious threat to the McLaren’s now.

This season is shaping up nicely, and watching it on HD (or pseudo HD) quality these past four races has been a real treat.

Hamilton is incredible, this was his *worst* F1 race, and he still finished on the podium!
He actually finished two slots lower than he started, so that's 'bad' for him. Incredible, he’s definitely a serious championship contender.
So last race was the first time he finished below his qualifying position, and this time he was two positions behind his starting spot.

... At this rate, he'll be failing out of DTM some time next year! :D

This is the first time Kimi looked like the fast guy he's supposed to be, good race (strategically).

Fun race, lots of action (for F1 :p ). It was good to see the BMWs pull through, I pray that they find that last few tenths. A 3-way constructors championship to go with this possible 3-way driver's could be fun :)

Great race.
I took these for my Ferrari Forum buddys.

And to bust my buddy, who i sat and watched last weeks race on his 27" TV.:rolleyes:

First pic of poor Massa. He ran a great race.

Second of Mr Smiley. (Kimi)

Third. Do the F guys look worried??:cool:

Attachments

• Dsc02133.jpg
    Dsc02133.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Dsc02141.jpg
    Dsc02141.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02142.JPG
    DSC02142.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

The Ferraris were awesome yesterday. Massa deserves a medal for his drive. Going from last to 5th, and doing all that on-track passing is a heck of job.
It also means those red cars are a serious threat to the McLaren’s now.

This season is shaping up nicely, and watching it on HD (or pseudo HD) quality these past four races has been a real treat.

+1 all of the above! Especially the pseudo HD we got to enjoy! Can't wait for Speed HD!

Kimi has always run well at Siverstone. I just hope he can keep it up....I just want Ferrari to beat McLaren...not holding my breath on Massa or Kimi winning the drivers title...

Kimi has always run well at Siverstone. I just hope he can keep it up....I just want Ferrari to beat McLaren...not holding my breath on Massa or Kimi winning the drivers title...

I am just the opposite. Ferrari has won enough recently, it is time for McLaren and Williams (where are they anyway) to get back in the game and kick a little butt! Looks like BMW may be taking Williams place though and that is fine by me. I would like to see AT LEAST 3 teams that can win on any given race day!

Its official. NO USGP next year! How lame is that? A co-worker and I were planning a trip to Indy in '08 but now we are hosed. Maybe Montreal....but this is a shame for F1 and the USA. We can only hope they return for '09 or find a different US venue. I vaguely remember some talk last year about a road course in a big city....not sure if it was LA, Miami, Chicago, Houston.....or where....that would be awesome!

Its official. NO USGP next year! How lame is that? A co-worker and I were planning a trip to Indy in '08 but now we are hosed. Maybe Montreal....but this is a shame for F1 and the USA. We can only hope they return for '09 or find a different US venue. I vaguely remember some talk last year about a road course in a big city....not sure if it was LA, Miami, Chicago, Houston.....or where....that would be awesome!

That is TOTAL BS! I HATE Berine Eccelstone! He is a freaking megalomaniac, and a PIG (if you prefer a shorter simpler description of this A$$)!!

That is TOTAL BS! I HATE Berine Eccelstone! He is a freaking megalomaniac, and a PIG (if you prefer a shorter simpler description of this A$$)!!

I agree! We should have 2 races in the us and at proper tracks not R-Ovals. I'd like to see Laguna Seca and Mid-Ohio.

Dennis

Bernie is a P.O.S..... all there is to it. The drivers loved racing at Indy.... Indy is so huge in motorsports!

I agree! We should have 2 races in the us and at proper tracks not R-Ovals. I'd like to see Laguna Seca and Mid-Ohio.

Dennis

I think Indy is a GREAT choice and a GREAT place to race and offers something different from any other track on the schedule. I do like the idea of Laguna for a second race though! Another track that offers some totally different experiences for F1 drivers. There are no close 5* hotels though so Bernie would have to stay in San Fran...A$$WIPE, god I hate that guy!

I think Indy is a GREAT choice and a GREAT place to race and offers something different from any other track on the schedule. I do like the idea of Laguna for a second race though! Another track that offers some totally different experiences for F1 drivers. There are no close 5* hotels though so Bernie would have to stay in San Fran...A$$WIPE, god I hate that guy!

Well there are a few places to stay that I think even his highness would find acceptable.

Condé Nast Traveler names The Lodge at Pebble Beach #4 in the "Top Resorts - United States" category of the Annual Readers' Choice Awards for 2006

Condé Nast Traveler names The Inn at Spanish Bay #3 in the "Top Resorts - United States" category of the Annual Readers' Choice Awards for 2006

Both of those aren't too bad and the views are too die for.

Well there are a few places to stay that I think even his highness would find acceptable.

Condé Nast Traveler names The Lodge at Pebble Beach #4 in the "Top Resorts - United States" category of the Annual Readers' Choice Awards for 2006

Condé Nast Traveler names The Inn at Spanish Bay #3 in the "Top Resorts - United States" category of the Annual Readers' Choice Awards for 2006

Both of those aren't too bad and the views are too die for.

Oh YEA, DUH! I forgot about those two! Heck I have even stayed at Spanish Bay! They are both SUPER HIGH END, even Bernie couldn't argue with these places!

Well that was an exciting race weekend. :) Bad luck for Lewis and Kimi, but good work by Massa, Alonso, and Red Bull.

That was a wacky race! I wish it would have rained the whole time, it's been at least a few years since that's happened :(

Its true....the last one I remember that bad was Brazil in 03? Same thing happened on turn 1....like 7 people went off one right after the other....it was great! I love F1....they race, rain or shine, unlike pansy IRL, CART, NASCAR, etc.....ALMS races wet too. And WRC! The 3 best series in the world for auto racing...too bad Speed doesnt cover WRC anymore :(

After all his team's recent troubles off-track, Ron Dennis had a few things to be happy about yesterday.

- A win snatched in the last laps
- his wdc driver a happy camper (at least for now)
- his rookie going well even after a big shunt and after making several rookie-like mistakes in the race
- and best of all...being awarded a trophy by none other than Michael Schumacher!

43729_2.jpg

Back