Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just used the FIA 16:9 broadcast feed that's used everywhere else but here! Normally it would have been 4:3. There's a discussion about it over on the AVS forum.:rolleyes:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=853303&page=1&pp=30

I noticed that it looked better on Fox this week than last (USGP over Cdn GP), but did not know if it was an actual HD program. it did NOT look that good. The Cdn GP was 4:3 though and also not HD so it REALLY sucked (well, no better than Speed anyway and I had hoped for HD).

I sure wish Speed would go HD on DishNetwork (I am just about to switch from DirecTV to Dish... to save $300 in the first year and get new equipment that DirecTV wants me to upgrade if I am to keep getting their HD programming).

I noticed that it looked better on Fox this week than last (USGP over Cdn GP), but did not know if it was an actual HD program. it did NOT look that good. The Cdn GP was 4:3 though and also not HD so it REALLY sucked (well, no better than Speed anyway and I had hoped for HD).

I sure wish Speed would go HD on DishNetwork (I am just about to switch from DirecTV to Dish... to save $300 in the first year and get new equipment that DirecTV wants me to upgrade if I am to keep getting their HD programming).

James,

Supposedly Direct has committed to adding channels in HD. Among them are Sci-Fi channel and SpeedChannel! The bird is scheduled to launch 06 July. Both companies have their good and bad qualities. I know you are into cars also my buddy gave me a ride in his Ferrari 355 Spyder. I've been in a few fast cars but all front engine mount and rear wheel drive. It was so cool to hear that symphony of engine noise coming from behind.

Among them are Sci-Fi channel and SpeedChannel! The bird is scheduled to launch 06 July. Both companies have their good and bad qualities.

355 Spider is a nice ride! No doubt about it! Love the 360 though and the 430 too! A 456 Ferrari will eventually sit in my garage! It is only a matter of time! E-type Jag too!

I sure hope Dish can work a deal to get Speed HD or I will have to tell them to take a hike. They are coming out on Tues to do the install. I am a bit concerned about the set up though. It would seem that they provide ONE HD-DVR and that SOMEHOW it feeds two TV's...not sure how you would control it from a different room in the house OR hook it up to that remote TV! I guess I'll find out on Tuesday! Also the remote TV ONLY gets 480i! SUCK! Though my remote TV can only handle that for now anyway, I do plan on getting an HD TV for the bedroom in the not to distant future...guess I won't need it for sat reception anyway. Maybe I can get a splitter for the OTA antenna and at least get those HD channels.

Assen MotoGP: WOW! A ride for the ages.

Assen MotoGP: WOW! A ride for the ages.

A friend told me the results and it sounded like it must have been a heck of a race. I have changed over to Dish Network from DirecTV and don't have a DVR in the bed room anymore and am still trying to get used to the ONE I do have in the family room so I won't get to watch that race.

Nice result for Ferrari @ what could have been the last hoorah at Magny-Cours. I was hoping Massa could have stayed in front of Kimi, but he got stuck in some traffic at the wrong time.

Lets hear it for some great passing as well. :)

A friend told me the results and it sounded like it must have been a heck of a race. I have changed over to Dish Network from DirecTV and don't have a DVR in the bed room anymore and am still trying to get used to the ONE I do have in the family room so I won't get to watch that race.

Oh, but you can watch the race. http://www.racing-underground.com/index.ru free registration et al.
The other day I was thinking that I use cable service more for the modem than for TV... for watching TV! European TV coverage of the races is so much better it's just silly, plus no commercials. I don't really care for the Australian MotoGP announcers, though, especially when Stoner and Edwards were racing for the lead in the wet... obviously they're biased the wrong direction. :)

I agree....but with recent and announced future changes, as much as I disagree with some of them, it is getting more exciting anyway.

Great race in France, the passign was indeed superb.
Although some didn't manage to do a great job on lap one and took themselves (and a few others) out.

And of Course, Louis H., 8 straight podiums in his rookie year. What a guy...

Great race in France, the passign was indeed superb.
Although some didn't manage to do a great job on lap one and took themselves (and a few others) out.

And of Course, Louis H., 8 straight podiums in his rookie year. What a guy...

Yea, there were some wild A$$ passes and attempts to pass in France! It was a great race FOR SURE!

Young LH is looking more and more like he might win the dang championship! That kid can flat FLY in a race car! Just unreal to watch him work! AMAZING!

J. Button finally did ok. I was watching his split times and you could tell his confidence in the new chassis must be going up. They said Honda had the power..... but I'm not so sure now. They look slow out of the corners.

J. Button finally did ok. I was watching his split times and you could tell his confidence in the new chassis must be going up. They said Honda had the power..... but I'm not so sure now. They look slow out of the corners.

Yea, that was good to see, but now they need to keep it up! I am a BIG DC fan and am looking forward to Adrian Newy's contribution to this car over the last races of the season and I hope DC can start getting into the points more regularly...

Oh yeah!!

Qualifying was just completed with;

1) Hamilton :bowdown:
2) Kimi
3) Alonso
4) Massa

Very, very exciting stuff! They kept swapping pole back and forth.

Hamilton called it "Extremely Intense!".

That was intense....Kimi had it...then blew it on the last corner. It will definitely be a great race! Enjoy Fox's widescreen coverage....last race for them.

Lewis had that McLaren dancing all the way around Silverstone. The kid can drive!

It seems to me that Alonso is not the same driver we've seen the last two years. Pitrow pundits say his driving style does not match the Bridgestones and/or McLaren as well as Hamilton's does, and as well as Alonso's own style matched the Renault's of the last two years.

Watching Alonso in the slower corners around Silverstone, he seems relatively tentative around them, appearing to pitch his car in two motions. If you see the replays watch for his entry into the slow corner before Bridge. In his old Renault he used to absolutely throw the car into the apex in one motion in such corners.

Which is not taking away anything from Lewis. The kid can drive!

Yep...you can really tell he is a future icon in the sport. The way he just uses the car as an extension of himself...as simply a tool for building victory...as means to an end...nothing more, nothing less...the ability to drive on the absolute limit of both man and machine, and keep it under a calm, precise control....is akin to not many F1 drivers, past nor present. Obviously, Schumacher has eclipsed the last decade....but there were several before him that really had that.

In his old Renault he used to absolutely throw the car into the apex in one motion in such corners.

Which is not taking away anything from Lewis. The kid can drive!

Hamilton can flat DRIVE! That kid is nothing short of AMAZING!

As for Alonso, I can relate to his driving style because it is the way I drive on track too...the car has to be JUST right for you to do that and make it around a track quickly and I think the McLaren is just not quite the car for him that the Renault was...the car suits Hamilton pretty well though I would say! WOW!

Oh yeah baby! Nice drive by Kimi and great work by the team on the strategy. Ferrari was definitely on top today. Too bad Massa had problems at the start...or would definitely have been a 1-2. Great drive by Alonso as well! Hamilton did well.....but his second stint wasn't stellar...by 9 podiums on a row for a rookie is exciting! He will be hard to beat in the championship even if he doesnt win many races...because he is always up there on the podium in the end! Crazy.....Ferrari is looking good for the next races....it will be exciting to watch it unfold....

Back