Exactly Why Vinyl Isn't The Future of Audiophilia

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, digital is superior to vinyl by a large margin. It is also superior to analogue tape, even high speed stuff.

To those who say otherwise, using ears as judgement, I say the technical performance isn't that important i.e. it doesn't correlate that well.

Hell, most guitar amp makers have spent an inordinate amount of time building technically REALLY BAD guitar amps purely because they sound good. I spend quite a bit of time dialling mine in to get the right sound for a particular track. What that really means is I dial in varying amounts of distortion.

Distortion is good according to the human ear when it is of the right nature.

Technically, digital is superior to vinyl by a large margin. It is also superior to analogue tape, even high speed stuff.

To those who say otherwise, using ears as judgement, I say the technical performance isn't that important i.e. it doesn't correlate that well.

Hell, most guitar amp makers have spent an inordinate amount of time building technically REALLY BAD guitar amps purely because they sound good. I spend quite a bit of time dialling mine in to get the right sound for a particular track. What that really means is I dial in varying amounts of distortion.

Distortion is good according to the human ear when it is of the right nature.

Justin, I concur ……..

And apparently you were without internet access for about three and a half years! Nice to see you back on the forum, risabet.

Life interferes from time to time!

Back