ETC Spikes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zebbo

Reaction score
Hello all
First post here as I've just managed to find myself some ML's that are small enough to fit/work in my lounge, some Scenarios, very nice too.
I was struggling with the bass response, it was very heavy and boomy no matter where I placed the speakers. I'll say now that this is in our, (UK), lounge so any thoughts of having them 5 feet out in the room is a complete nonsense. I'd got them the best I could, being about 2 feet from the back wall, (to the panels), and nearly 7 feet apart and the mids/highs were lovely but the bass still not good. It was then that I thought I'd try some spikes instead of the flat button feet that were fitted and here I had another problem, I had some spikes in my man-drawer but they were M6, (like 99% of spikes here), and the Logans are of course 1/4 inch, aargh!!
Anyway, the M6 spikes would go in a couple of turns before jamming so I did manage to get them sitting on spikes which has lifted them about an extra inch off the floor and Hey-Presto! the bass is now deep and tight(ish).
I immediately started looking around for a set of the ETC spikes but I can't find any here and they are $200 from ML. I did find some here: http://save-on-audio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=35_34&products_id=10813 for $130 and have been trying to phone for several days, (at different times), but keep getting the answer machine. Does anyone know these people and why I can't contact them? Any help appreciated especially if you know anywhere else that I can get a set of these. Thanks very much.
Pete

Try Adona.They sell spikes'racks spikes saucers'ect.Googel them,Their phone is 478-781-3400 in the USA.They are a great company.Bob

Thanks for that Bob, I will.
Finally e-mailed Save-on-audio explaining that I wanted a set of the ETC spikes and explaining that their website was quoting post to the UK as $350 which MUST be a mistake, so asked them to send me the price for a set including postage and their reply was just four words - "item not in stock", that was it! No "Dear Sir, we are very sorry but these........ blah blah, so they can get stuffed. I'll try Adona, if not then I'd rather pay ML $200 than go back to those plebs.

Pete,

Try oregondv.com. Small company, good prices, good service. Had them supply me spikes for my MBL's.

Gordon

Glad the spikes worked for you. I had to chuckle when you said your ML's had TOO MUCH bass! I have yet to really hear any ML's that had enough bass yet on thier own! They need to be augmented with a couple of very high quality subs to make them shine! I own the SL3's (front) and scenario (rear) and power them with all Krell amplification but bass is nowhere near adequate. Do you have your speakers on a second floor wooden floor that is resonating?:eek:

Haha, what you have to remember is that what we call our lounge would probably be your hallway! The Scenarios on their own are pretty imposing in here.
The floor is solid and the walls are all block but the shape is bad as is the layout but it's primarily the lounge, not my hi-fi room so I just have to make the best of it.

gordonmenninger, you need to hear some of the MLs with dual subs in the bass cabinet. I have the Summits which provide prodigious bass compared to my last MLs - SL3s and sound quite balanced without having to augment the 25HZ or 50Hz adjustments. There is no need to even run my Grotto to complement the Summits.

Back