Esoteric SA60 CD Player / need input

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, am returning the unit.

Update: Just purchased a Cary Audio 306 SACD CDP.

Gordon, welcome back to the "Cary Clan", I'm not sure that you ever really left !

While I don't have the 306, rather the redbook 303/300, I suspect just as the Esoteric owners told you prior, you will be more than happy. Afterall you are familiar with the Company !

If for some reason not then I'd suggest you contact Dan Wright and consider one of his modded Sony 9100es players.

Thanks Dave!

It's somewhat disappointing when you're all psyched about a new unit and it doesn't have, in my mind, a very simple feature.

I typically program certain cuts on many CD's so the omission of this remote feature is a very big deal.

I don't quite understand why Esoteric doesn't have this button on the SA60 remote. They have it on their other models as do CDP's costing $100.

Oh well, life goes on and having had the CDP1, I'm very confident that I will totally enjoy the 306.

Gordon

Thanks Dave!

It's somewhat disappointing when you're all psyched about a new unit and it doesn't have, in my mind, a very simple feature.

I typically program certain cuts on many CD's so the omission of this remote feature is a very big deal.

I don't quite understand why Esoteric doesn't have this button on the SA60 remote. They have it on their other models as do CDP's costing $100.

Oh well, life goes on and having had the CDP1, I'm very confident that I will totally enjoy the 306.

Gordon

I read raving reviews about Esoteric 60 CD player. I wonder how does it compare with my Wadia 861 although Teac supplied transport (VDRS) to Wadia. I am very happy with my Wadia and have been using for the last 4 years. Wish I could upgrade to DCS dac & transport system

Latest posts

Back