entry level amp for Quests?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkjeffers

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on an amplifier for my just acquired Quests, I have read great posts about Classe and Krell, but the CA 200 and most Krells are out of my price range right now, so I am trying to decide what to do.......I am looking @ under $1K on the used market and that seems to bring up alot of Bryston ( 2B,3B, or barely 4B ) Balanced Audio VK-200, Classe CA-100/101, and some older Threshold and Forte models. Also read some comments about Outlaw and Emotiva and Vincent ( all new models priced under $1K................any help or experience shared would be appreciated. Thanks.

For the $1k budget, the BAT vk200 is a good choice. Others to consider are:
  • Classe' DR-15, or the classic DR-9 (if you can find one).
  • Threshold.
  • Odyssey Stratos.
  • Monarchy Audio

Good luck

Spike

Also, look for a used Rotel amp. I would try and search out RB 1090 if you could find one. They were discontinued this year. A great amp, lots of power and a good price.

Jeff:cool:

I would look at the Monarcy Audio SE-100 delux monoblock. These come up on audiogon and ebay all the time. I got mine for $800 for a set. This is a solid amp for MLs. Take a look at the Amp review section for my review.

Another good amp that works well with MLs is Sunfire.

Back