Ear calibration, long overdue

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to hear The Marriage of Figaro performed by Mozart Festival Opera Company tonight. I hope to heaven it's natural acoustics, no sound reinforcement!

When I looked at the title of the thread I thought that a visit to an audiologist was scheduled.

Enjoy the concert. Nothing like live, unamplified music to recalibrate the ears.

As it turned out my ears might have been able to recalibrate the acoustics. There was definitely reinforcement, unevenly applied. The orchestra had a too-much-center-channel, too-much-500Hz-EQ sound. The harpsichord sometimes covered the singers' voices, and when I looked into the orchestra pit during intermission, darned if I could see a harpsichord!

Nonetheless, and despite the much-abridged version, we both enjoyed the hell out if it. I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Paul,

It does speak to the conundrum of life sound and, like all stereo systems, are not created equal.

GG

Latest posts

Back