Dynamo 700w Set Up and Connetions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALANMMMM

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say hello to the ML forum community. After careful listening I picked up my Martin Logan system last week. I purchased Motion 40's, Motion 8 Center, Motion 4 surrounds and a Dynamo 700 Sub-woofer. These I am connecting to a Marantz SR 7007 Receiver. I will be Bi-Amping the 40's.

My question is possibly basic or that of a noob but would appreciate guidance and support.

My receiver has the ability for two SW outputs SW 1 & SW 2. Question....Do I utilize one RCA cable into the LFE port or twin with a Y adapter? The manual wasn't totally clear regarding bypassing the internal crossover or using the receivers. I would of course want the sub operating properly with movies and think it should with audio as well...correct? With my 7007 could you advise what you believe the appropriate connection and set up would be?

Thank you in advance.

Alan

Hi Alan, :welcome: to our corner of the internet.

With just one sub, I'd use Sub 1 Output, and go straight into the LFE input on the sub.

That way you leverage the Receivers ability to do the crossover, time delay and EQ (Audyssey) for you, and have it apply on both music and Movies.

Back