Dynamo 700w FF or DF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLaudiophile

Reaction score
Just added a Dynamo 700w sub to my slowly but surely home theater set up. Room size is 12x17. Using the ELectromotion ESL for fronts and the C2 for my center. I have the sub placed in the front left corner of the room, down firing. I cannot pinpoint where the bass is coming from, so the placement is fine. The room has carpet on the floor but I have the sub placed on an 18"x18" ceramic floor tile.

Any suggestions or opinions on front firing or down firing(the sub can be used as either front or down). I used the tile because it creates a harder surface for the bass. Any opinions on this?

Also, according to audyssey setup, the sub volume is really low. Is that normal? I know the room is not large but I like full but clean bass.

Thanks

Just added a Dynamo 700w sub to my slowly but surely home theater set up. Room size is 12x17. Using the ELectromotion ESL for fronts and the C2 for my center. I have the sub placed in the front left corner of the room, down firing. I cannot pinpoint where the bass is coming from, so the placement is fine. The room has carpet on the floor but I have the sub placed on an 18"x18" ceramic floor tile.

Any suggestions or opinions on front firing or down firing(the sub can be used as either front or down). I used the tile because it creates a harder surface for the bass. Any opinions on this?

Also, according to audyssey setup, the sub volume is really low. Is that normal? I know the room is not large but I like full but clean bass.

Thanks

So, this is bumping an old thread. But, does anyone know why or when you would choose downward firing vs. front firing?

Back