Do You Still Love your CLS's?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pcar and Nsgarch,

This is good to know. My CLS panels are model I, so they stay on all the time. (They have no signal-sensing circuit to shut them off when not in use.)

Hoodjem

BTW, the ARC M300 Mk II was indeed available in a 140W triode version for an additional $2000. (http://www.arcdb.ws/M300/M300.html) The original M300 didn't get great press, but the Mk II was well received. I actually had mine trioded at the factory along with MIT caps and then installed Flying "C" Svetlana 6550's. Now those were really great amps! But I have to say (from what I can remember anyway ;--) that I like the CLS's with the Mcintosh a little better.

HI nsgarch,
Thanks for the link. I was not aware of the triode option. I learn something every day (I hope).

Sparky

Cls

I always had heard about but never tried to vacuum my CLS 11Z panels.They were never in a smoking environment and they never seemed to look dusty.
I am now a convert.
I did not spend a great deal of time or effort when I tried this, but the results have been so positive that I will revisit this and give each speaker it's proper attention.
Whether they look dusty or not,whether you have the sensing circuits( I do) or not, the panels do collect dirt and do sound much clearer after a vacuum.
I'll bet a lot of people have sold their CLS thinking the panels were fading when all they were was dirty.
To hear a clean pair of panels is to hear the CLS for the first time again.

Back