Did any version of the Request have the micro-perf stators?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tav1

Reaction score
Did any version of the Request have the micro-perf stators? Where was the micro-perf first introduced; the Statement 2 and Prodigy? Just curious.
Thanks,
Torry V.

Did any version of the Request have the micro-perf stators? Where was the micro-perf first introduced; the Statement 2 and Prodigy? Just curious.
Thanks,
Torry V.

Hola, the new line of ML, Summits, Vantage, Vista, Purity, Source, Stage, Motif and the new center Matinee have the new stat panel. The Cinema i and the Teather i use it too. Non of the other models use micro-perf stators. Happy listening,
Roberto.

OK Thanks,
For some reason, I think just looking at photos, I thought the Statement 2 and Prodigy (then Odyssey) started the micro-perf panels and the "i" models followed up with micro-perf. Was there something different about the panels on these that differed from the original panels?
Thanks

OK Thanks,
For some reason, I think just looking at photos, I thought the Statement 2 and Prodigy (then Odyssey) started the micro-perf panels and the "i" models followed up with micro-perf. Was there something different about the panels on these that differed from the original panels?
Thanks

I know the Odyssey had the Microperf panels. I think the Requests were discontinued before the microperf and clear spar panels were introduced.

If you buy replacement panels for the Requests I know ML will use the current technology panels for them. They will at least be clear spars and may include the newer microperf panels. ML customer service will give you specifics on replacement panels if you give them a call.

OK Thanks,
Thanks

The clear spars are the difference. ML claims better dynamics and better highs too. Happy listening,
Roberto.

I know the Odyssey had the Microperf panels. I think the Requests were discontinued before the microperf and clear spar panels were introduced.The Micro perf panels were started with the Statements E2 and the Summit IIRC was the first to use the new micro perf. . The prodigy had clear spar but not Micro perf panels.

If you buy replacement panels for the Requests I know ML will use the current technology panels for them. They will at least be clear spars and may include the newer microperf panels. ML customer service will give you specifics on replacement panels if you give them a call.

Martin Logan WIL NOT BE DOING clear spar technology on the Quest or ReQuest any time soon. Its a spar thickness issue. (This was quoted from them) I looked into it hard when I rebuilt my Quest. Personally I think it can be done but they buy the spars precut from there vendor and they would have to re buy them in bulk probably to get the discount on a run. Will they ever make them? Who knows , Never say never, as they would look cool with my CLS .....

The clear spars are the difference. ML claims better dynamics and better highs too. Happy listening,
Roberto.

The clear spars along with the Micro perf panels make it a bit more efficient and durable according to them.

Last edited:
Martin Logan WIL NOT BE DOING clear spar technology on the Quest or ReQuest any time soon. Its a spar thickness issue. (This was quoted from them) I looked into it hard when I rebuilt my Quest. Personally I think it can be done but they buy the spars precut from there vendor and they would have to re buy them in bulk probably to get the discount on a run. Will they ever make them? Who knows , Never say never, as they would look cool with my CLS .....

The clear spars along with the Micro perf panels make it a bit more efficient and durable according to them.

Hola C.A.P. Odyssey model does not have micro-perf stators...happy listening,
Roberto.

Back