Crumpled/wavy stat panel help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentlemen,

I was wrong when I said that the replacements had black tape for spars. The replacement panels are ClearSpars.

I finally had time to open the boxes and check 'em out. Sorry for the bad info, but I was relaying what ML said they would be.

Old panels:

Last edited:
Awww, to hell with it !!!

I'm taking the rest the day off and install these babies right now... :D

~VDR

Wrinkled membrane

If you are dead set on buying new panels,I would try the hair dryer first.If it does not work you can go ahead and buy the new panels.I noticed your location said Singapore.Obviously they will cost you alot more than $600.00. People tend to forget that some owners cannot cover the cost for new panels as easily as others.Whatever you decide,I hope it works out for you.:eek:

First, sorry to hear of the problem. this is indeed unfortunate, but not uncommon when shipping these speakers, whether domestically or internationally.

Packing them requires that NO pressure be able to reach the panels. And that the frame the panels are in not be torqued in any way either.

This means major boxing and protection work that few used sellers go to the trouble of doing. It also adds about $300 to the shipping costs to do it right.

Once a stator is deformed through twisting motions (it won’t have really visible ‘dimples’ or other ‘bending’ creases), the mylar attachment has been pulled and distorted and depending how much it’s been pulled, not even the hair drier trick will work.

I’d place a claim on the shipping (if insured) to cover the cost of the new panels.

When you do get panels, they will be Clear spar SL3 / Sequel panels (they are one and the same). Replacement is pretty easy.

Back