crackle in panel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all. I have some Odysseys and the last several times I fired them up I got a static like crackle out of the stat usually early on in the listening session and them it goes away. Haven't vacuumed them in a bit. I also have a cary tube pre so I am wondering about tubes.

Any thoughts. ?

Hi all. I have some Odysseys and the last several times I fired them up I got a static like crackle out of the stat usually early on in the listening session and them it goes away. Haven't vacuumed them in a bit. I also have a cary tube pre so I am wondering about tubes.

Any thoughts. ?

One or both channels? If one only, reverse the outputs of the amp and check if it appears on the opposite channel. If so, check the amp.

Vacuum very thoroughly with a brush attachment or soft paintbrush while you look carefully with a magnifier for dust, etc. Start with that..

thanks guys... I will unplug it for 24 hrs... vacuum it and see what we get.... This is the first time this has happened since I have owned them (7 years or so??)... time flies.... I just didn't know if a failing tube could cause a static type crackle sound.... I'll vacuum - see what happens... if I still get it -- then I'll switch the outputs on my pre and see if it switches sides...

Just an fyi yep the vacuumimg fixed it . Thanks timm

In the future, oxidized pins can also cause a little crackle. wiggling the tubes one at a time will tell. Happens all the time with my crusty Fisher 500-c

Back