Companies that used to make high end gear

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are the speakers for the Scott system S12

Attachments

• scott_s12.jpg
    scott_s12.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 284
Hey Kach, head on over to Audiogon could be your lucky day.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?misctunr&1192727821
Cool, add in another $500 to get it refurbished and it's still a good deal.

From what I know the black knobs are the kit ones, the gold knobs were the factory assembled ones. I like the gold knobs and original walnut case.

I'm in no position to purchase that unit now, someone else can have the honors.

EDIT: There is a Scott 350 tuner also on Audiogon.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?misctunr&1190853733

Last edited:
What about Pink Triangle ??

Amazing products...pity

Attachments

• BIG_pink_pip.jpg
    BIG_pink_pip.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 252
Tony Federicci sold these in the 70"s as the story goes he would walk into a store and throw it on the floor to demonstrate how tough they were. A shop here in Mighigan showed me the tear in the carpet. He did not become a dealer.

Nice looking amp, and apparently very sturdy. But there had to be better ways of showing the ruggedness of the amps than dropping them on the floor. :eek:

In case of JVC/VICTOR: The QL-A95 was the best and innovative turntable with a vacuum suction pump (optional) in 1982. Only for Japan, not for export. It's the big brother of the QL-A75 which was available in Europe and the USA.
Greetings, Frank K.

Attachments

• QL-A95wpump.jpg
    QL-A95wpump.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 784
What about Pink Triangle ??

Amazing products...pity

Pink Triangle has actually been reborn as Funk. As far as I know they aren't doing any electronics currently, but they are making a full line of turntables and analog accessories.

Pink Triangle has actually been reborn as Funk.

I did a Google image search on "funk turntable", my settings are pretty open. Don't be offended by the "my profile" image that pops up - vinyl lovers only.

Soundstream- A company that was deeply rooted in hi end audio years back is still in business and doing really well. But these days Soundstream has completely abandoned the home audio market and is now strictly Car Audio. But back in the late 80's and early 90's they made some excellent home audio gear.

2371831270045465090S600x600Q85.jpg

2643039450045465090S600x600Q85.jpg

2092081060045465090S600x600Q85.jpg

I just read a turntable review in a British rag and the reviewer uses a Kenwood Audio Purist L-07D as a reference. Remember the KAP line?

Not sure if it was the Kenwood KAP line but I can share some information and do remember the effort Kenwood made into the high end line.

I purchased two of these Kenwood mono blocks in February of 1980 at $850 for the pair. They were paired up with Snell Type IIA's at the time until my jump to electrostatic ML's. (Prior to this set up I had a Phase Linear 700B and a pair of Ohm F's, 350 watts into 8 ohms, 700 watts into 4 ohms!) The Kenwoods have been in use for many years of trouble free listening. These amplifiers are the L-05M High Speed Direct Drive models. They are the next smaller to the L-07M's.

L-05M included a heavy duty transformer and 2 10,000 microfarad electrolytic capacitors. Rated at 100 watts into 8 ohms from 20Hz to 20KHz, they put out very good power into the ReQuests even at high volume levels.

Looking down thru the covers you can see the two large capacitors and transformers in each unit. I also changed the power chords from 18 gauge zip cable to a heavy duty 12 gauge.

Attachments

• Kenwood LO5-M 004_2.jpg
    Kenwood LO5-M 004_2.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
An old SAE 2800 Stereo Solid State Parametric Equalizer. Fancy and useful back then but very noisy by todays standards. I don't remember the signal to noise ratio but it is definetly lower than 100, probably closer to 85dB. ...and yes I still own this one, it's not used but on the "nostalgic" rack.

Attachments

• SAE 2800 Stereo Solid State Parametric Equalizer 002_2.jpg
    SAE 2800 Stereo Solid State Parametric Equalizer 002_2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Back