CLS stands

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Zaret

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
While I realize there are a few of us who have CLS's in varied versions and configurations, I have just had made a custom stand for mine.

I did the design with a friend who was the one who built it. It is made of oak, the legs are hollow, filled with sand to reduce vibrations, stand 8 inches tall and there are five legs. I still have two more things to do with them but I consider it minor at this point. I will use some dampening material directly under the speaker. This will more than likely be something from Herbie's Audio Lab since I have some of his products and they are amazing while working very well to reduce vibrations. I may have him custom make me what I need which I know will not be a problem for him. The last item I plan to do, is to spike the stands in the carpet. I want to wait until I am sure of the spot, even though I am pretty sure now, before installing the spikes. Ideas about spikes are always welcome.

I was skeptical about using stands because I was getting very amazing sound and wonderful sound stage especially with the new amp. Well the stands did improve the clarity of the lower mids and upper bass. I do not think I lost any low end (yeah like the CLS really has deep bass:duh:) but it is even more amazing now with jazz and classical music, specifically stand up bass.

If anyone is interested I can post the pics but I doubt there will any genuine interest.

Jeff:cool:

I think most of us would be interested. Any home-built solutions usually work better and certainly make you feel better.

There's even a DIY forum here... :D

Jeff,

Lets see them. I think we're always interested in what some one has used to improve their sound.

I am going to raise mine I just have not decided which method I am going to use.

I made bases for mine last week to help adjust my CLSs. The music/TV room was converted from a porch by the previous owner and they didn't level the floor before adding on. Over the 15' width of the room the floors run down hill about 2 1/2".

Back