CLS Stands - Big Difference!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbanger

Reaction score
I meant to post this a while back but didn't get a chance. When I bought my IIzs they came with a pair of Sound Anchor stands. The speakers already pushed the limits size-wise for my relatively small room, so I figured the stands would push them way over the limit visually. So I put the stands up for sale and (surprisingly) found little interest in them. Reluctantly, I decided to give them a try and see if they would make a significant sonic difference. Wow, was I surprised at the improvement they made! I had experienced an occasional harshness in the upper frequencies that the stands have completely eliminated. The speakers have also really opened up and sound far more natural than they did when spiked directly to the floor. Bass quality has also improved and I haven't really noticed a reduction in quantity here. The stands also hold the speakers more securely and the speakers have far less 'sway'. This no doubt accounts for some of the sonic improvement and has practical implications here in earthquake country. Overall, I feel the stands have significantly improved the sound of the already-great IIzs and I'd highly recommend them to other CLS owners.

P.S. The stands that came with my speakers didn't have the side braces, but I would imagine these would provide further improvements (if you don't mind drilling holes in your speakers :eek: )

Stands are a must for CLS ! The sonic improvement is astounding. Get a set of rear braces and be ready again for even more detail.

The stands that came with my speakers didn't have the side braces, but I would imagine these would provide further improvements (if you don't mind drilling holes in your speakers :eek: )
Definitely order a pair of braces and hardware (one nut and bolt actually ;-) from SA. The wood screws that they supply for attaching the braces to the speaker side rails are too big/long and they're chrome (not black.) I used small(er) black wood screws and black plastic washers between the braces and the wood frame to protect the wood (see photo.)

Attachments

• DSCN0154.jpg
    DSCN0154.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0156.jpg
    DSCN0156.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Back