Chicago Spring 2007 Meet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be one hell of a meet, If my count is correct 7 of us.

Cherian
Burke
Joey
Hopeless
David Matz
Cstpeter
and myself.

Lookin forward to it, I will have to start picking out my musical selections.
:cheers:

It's going to be a great time. Looking forward to it.

Other Significants

I'm assuming the count of 7 isn't counting our significant others? I'm planning on having the gf come with me....is anyone else bringing a so?

One other thought, can we somehow put together a finalized list of where/when, etc sometime this week so we can all finalize plans of travel to/from before the weekend? just a thought.

I'm assuming the count of 7 isn't counting our significant others? I'm planning on having the gf come with me....is anyone else bringing a so?
7 was without SO, I'll be coming alone.

One other thought, can we somehow put together a finalized list of where/when, etc sometime this week so we can all finalize plans of travel to/from before the weekend? just a thought.

I believe the plan is to start at Joey's place 10am, move to Cherians. Possibly lunch in the loop, Then off to Burke's place in the Western burbs.

We'll have to PM each other addresses of places were going so we can mapquest, and possibly phone #s and email addresses so we can communicate.

Later on today I'll post music I plan on bringing.

BTW, I was thinking guys.... I may not be able to make it back to Burke's place... maybe I will, but I cant guarantee it on the basis of several things.... but I always enjoy a good hangout.

What say you all on a trip to Glenn Poor after lunch, prior to Burkes? It's real close to India House (the place Hopeless is hopelessly hungry for), same street pretty much!

We can bring Wayne's cd's over there to audition the Wilsons and Avantegardes if they have them in.

Joey

MMMMMmmmmmmmmm.......Yummy!

I second the idea for Poor.... that place is awesome! Haven't been there in forever though....

I'm still going to try to make it to Burke's... dont want to miss the grilling and the Summit system!

:musicnote:

Here's a small list of what I plan to bring to the Chicago meet.
Any of our hosts already have these selections let me know and I'll cross it off my list. we'll probably come up with others through out the week. Anyone want to listen to any of the new SACD Genesis collection, let me know,just got those this week but have only listened to 2 of the 5.

Luka Bloom ~ Turf ~ Must hear "True Blue" on Joey's system

Steely Dan ~ Aja ~ On MoFi Gold

Roxy Music ~ Avalon ~ SACD 5.1 Surround

Greg Brown ~ The Poet Game & Slant 6 Mind ~ Must here "Mose Allison Played Here" on Joey's system.

Barenaked Ladies ~ Gordon

Nils Lofgen ~ Acoustic Live ~ Can't find it right now,must have lent it out,got a week to find it

Ani Difranco ~ Not A Pretty Girl

Average White Band ~ Best Of ~ Must here "Pickin Up The Pieces" on the Summits

Dr. Chesky's Magnificent, Fabulous, Absurd, and Insane Musical 5.1 Sorround Show

Dire Straits ~ Brothers In Arms 20th Anniversary Edition SACD 5.1 Surround

Marvin Gaye ~ Forever Yours ~ DTS 5.1 Surround

The World's Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recordings on SACD

Attachments

• music.gif
    music.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 79
Is Checkbit going to show up for this meet? I think he said he couldnt make it earlier, but just wondering if there was any change in plans for him...

Joey

Is Checkbit going to show up for this meet? I think he said he couldnt make it earlier, but just wondering if there was any change in plans for him...

Joey

He started a thread yesterday about Summits on the Gon, so he might be back in town.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=4149

Would be nice if he could join us. The weather is even going to agree with us this Saturday.

Add another CD to my list Jonny Lang ~ Turn Around, love the track "Only A Man"
Beautiful Song, sounds great on the Logans.

This will be one nice weekend, I'm off on Friday night and the wife and kids won't be here Friday, will have the place to myself to listen to tunes.
Then Saturday more tunes on some great systems.
Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday.
wayne

Joey

Just heard from him today. He will not arrive back till Sunday so he sends his regrets but hopes he can make the next one.

Add another CD to my list Jonny Lang ~ Turn Around, love the track "Only A Man"
Beautiful Song, sounds great on the Logans.

This will be one nice weekend, I'm off on Friday night and the wife and kids won't be here Friday, will have the place to myself to listen to tunes.
Then Saturday more tunes on some great systems.
Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

Got some CDs as well. The Chesky 5.1 demo and setup disk.
Eric Clapton "Slowhand" SACD 5.1 surround.

Weather is should be fine for both listening and grilling.
Looking forward to meeting everyone in the flesh.

Burke

Travel

I have sent out some pm's about my worries for saturday, but figured it wouldn't hurt to make a public post.

My gf and I are taking the train into the city early saturday morning, we get into the loop at ogilvie station at 1/4 to 10. I'm not sure yet where exactly Joey's is, and don't know if walking is possible in a reasonable amount of time, to try and be there around the starting time of 10. From there we go to cherians, which I assume is somewhat close to joeys. Lunch. Poor. Then back out to wheaton.

My second query, is that since her and I are at the mercy of the trains, we would be at the mercy of train schedules out of the city. If possible we would greatly appreciate it if we could 'hitch' a ride out to wheaton from the loop when all of the in-city festivities are over.... if this isn't possible, no room, etc. that's okay, I am just unsure of when we would be arriving to wheaton, depending on the day and how it plays out.

I think I posted it before but i'll be bringing 3 sacd, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, and Pink Floyd.

Beyond that I may just have to bring black hawk down *dvd, since it doesn't sound that blu-ray is possible at this time* to test on a true logan theater setup.

Camera

Video Camera

Mic, (2 mics, if anyone happens to have some xlr cable layin around, and get some stereo for the video)

Looking forward to the meet! Can't wait to hear some great tunes on disgusting setups! As well as meeting all of the other "logan crazies" from the chitown area. :cheers:

Chris,
Pm'd you, ride is not a problem, just waiting on Joey's address.
I have some spare xlr cable one end female other end male, will they do?

Can't wait to hear the :music: Summit Systems:music:

Lookin forward to meeting everyone in less than 48 hours.
wayne

I'm totally serious about putting together a YouTube-style video for this weekend. Although I can't make it out to Chicago (MAJOR BUMMER), I will be glad to hash together some footage and lay in a soundtrack for a short video.

If anyone is going to shoot it, PM me, and I'll send you my snail-mail addy, and you can send me digital video, pics and sound files on a DVD or CD...

I hope y'all have a great weekend. Wish I could be there!

--Richard

Sent out my addy to Wayne and Chris #1.... anyone else need my address?

Alright... so...

1. My place
2. Cherian's place
3. Lunch
4. Poor
5. Wheaton

Right? I've gotten word that Poor may not be a Wilson dealer no more.... so I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what other lines they carry. There's another store up a little bit north called Pro Musica Audio and they carry a LOT of speakers - mainly DynAudio, Sonus Faber, and Quad... along with all Naim. But I prefer Poor as a dealer, better layout of the showroom. Anyway, as I said, I'll call Poor tomorrow and see what's up.

Chris #2, cstpeter, may not be able to make it tomorrow... paper due. I'm still trying to work him to come...
David Matz called me today and told me that he cant make it to Wheaton or anything prior to 12noon... but is wants to eat lunch/poor...

Joey :cheers:

Got some CDs as well. The Chesky 5.1 demo and setup disk.
Eric Clapton "Slowhand" SACD 5.1 surround.

Weather is should be fine for both listening and grilling.
Looking forward to meeting everyone in the flesh.

Burke

I should be able to make it to Wheaton Burke! I just need a ride going there... no car this weekend, brother's have it. BUT, gf will pick me up from your place, I need no ride home. :)

BLOW ME AWAY with the multichannel stuff!!!! :eek: :cheers:

Joey You can ride with me if you need a ride.

I should be able to make it to Wheaton Burke! I just need a ride going there... no car this weekend, brother's have it. BUT, gf will pick me up from your place, I need no ride home. :)

BLOW ME AWAY with the multichannel stuff!!!!

Rides should not be a problem as Wayne and I will both be driving in.

I also live 'walk to train' so rides back to the city are easy that way as well.

Dark Side of the Moon in multichannel is something everyone should hear. IF you have any good movies bring then along as well (I have LOTR, Gladiator, Top Gun, 5th element) DTS EX (6 channel descrite) is something special if you are sitting in the sweet spot.:music:

:cheers: Can hardly wait till Saturday :cheers:

Back