Chicago Spring 2007 Meet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the final agenda and head count? Sorry, I have been out of the look for the past week.

It looks like I'm going to have to miss this one after all guys. Family scheduling issues have sort of blocked that week out for me...

But if soneone will take some good digital pics and maybe even some digital video (with sound) and send me the files on a couple CDs, I'll be glad to put together an iMovie that I can format for Podcasting or YouTube so that everyone can experience it, albeit vicariously... ;)

I've recently discovered iMovie (took a workshop over at the Apple Store last week) and I REALLY want an excuse to put together a FUN project!

Sorry I'm going to miss this Meet. It sounds like it's going to be a LOT of fun!
--Richard

What is the final agenda and head count? Sorry, I have been out of the look for the past week.
Cherian,
So far it sounds like you, Joey, Burke and Myself. Waiting for Hopeless to chime in but he sounds like a go as well.

If I'm correct, we're starting at Joey's place 10am, then your place, then possibly lunch in the loop. Then we're off to Burke's place for another Summit audition, and some BBQ

:cheers:

Sounds like a good plan. I am looking forward to this.

Gents, sounds like a good time ! Now I have an assingment for you........DO NOT let Joey escape the day without registering for the "Get Together" in Lawrence !!! Put him in a straight Jacket if you have to, dangle him off Navy Pier, whatever, I'm counting on you guys !!!

Gents, sounds like a good time ! Now I have an assingment for you........DO NOT let Joey escape the day without registering for the "Get Together" in Lawrence !!! Put him in a straight Jacket if you have to, dangle him off Navy Pier, whatever, I'm counting on you guys !!!

OH GOD!!!! :eek: :(

I have offered Joey a free ride as I am driving.

Dave,
Not to worry this is Chicago, Home of Al Capone.
We'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
Either his signature or his brains will be on the registration form.:devil:

Dave,
Not to worry this is Chicago, Home of Al Capone.
We'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
Either his signature or his brains will be on the registration form.:devil:

Wayne, NOW were talkin' !!! Me thinks a digital Pic of the "kid" singing the registration check would be nice to have posted up on the site !!

Wayne, NOW were talkin' !!! Me thinks a digital Pic of the "kid" singing the registration check would be nice to have posted up on the site !!
Dave,
I like the way you think, but a picture could be used as evidence if he doesn't sign.

Can't decide should I bring a 38 special, maybe a 45, or perhaps a sawed off shot gun.

Of course we could have Guido wear a mask, then you'd have your picture.

Thanks all for the ride offers... I may have to take one of you up for that... we'll see.

Anyway, I'm trying to get David Matz to come with us, another fellow member here. He has plans until noon, so he is trying to see whether he can join us for lunch and etc...

Should be a FUN time! My gf has deferred to come, she says this is too.... "speakery".... :(

Joey

Thanks all for the ride offers... I may have to take one of you up for that... we'll see.
That almost sounds like a yes!!
Anyway, I'm trying to get David Matz to come with us, another fellow member here. He has plans until noon, so he is trying to see whether he can join us for lunch and etc...
Another Member in the loop?, Perhaps a 4th system to listen to?
Should be a FUN time! My gf has deferred to come, she says this is too.... "speakery".... :(

We'll definatly need Hopeless to join then, He's volunteered for picturre taking duty.
Hopeless where are you?, Your the last piece to the Chicago Spring Meet.

Checkbit, I know you'll be tired and Jet-lagged, But this sounds like it's shaping up to be quite an event. Hope you might change your mind.

Back with a vengeance

Hey guys-

Sorry i've dropped off the face of the earth this week... Some major shit went down with me all week long. First it started with me about to go into work my first day at TW#*#ER, but that fell through, its really a weird situation.... any lawyers out there? I signed the tax forms etc- so technically I was hired right? Well, apparently I cannot move forward with the employment, so do they have to fire me now? Anyways, then my gf had her grandpa go into the hospital for a triple bypass surgery, so off to Indiana we went to visit.

Now I'm back. With a VENGEANCE!!!! :rocker: *I hope* I've been on the monster and careerbuilder alot lately, I really was counting on that job.... for $$$ as well as DISGUSTING DISCOUNTS ON LOGANS!!!:eek: :mad:

Bottom line, I will be there on the 28th, as I really don't have any other obligations now. I will plan on bringing my camera, and possibly my video as well. It has 2 xlr inputs for direct audio - not sure if anyone has the capability of sending me audio that way, otherwise I just have a minishotgun mic or a sm58....but i'm sure they'll do fine for some quick video clips. And after the compression, aq probably isn't all that important, as the compression will kill it.

The gf I believe is interested in going along with me, she went to Columbia Chicago with me and studied sound, in many aspects.... live sound acquisition, recording, producing, etc.... but has gotten out of the field lately, and I am hoping that the Logan love will not only get her 'HOOKED' but back into the spirit and hobby that we all cherish and love.

I'm coming into the city from the west burbs, so I'll probably be on a train into ogilvie station. From the city I guess we head back to wheaton? where the train station is a few blocks away?

I'm looking forward to this and have a few sacd's set aside to listen to...

Diana Krall- When I look In your eyes
Norah Jones- Come Away With Me
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

by the way, anyone have a bluray player? at an audition site? I really REALLY WANT TO hear black hawk down on logan surround....

I have a BL player in my PS3 but I can not take advantage of the audio as my pre can only decode DTS and DD. I am still using toslink to go from my PS3 to pre. So the audio will not be any different.

We have confirmation from CStpeter that he might be joining us.... he has a Von Schweikert system (previously Aeon i) ... if that's ok with you guys.

Joey

We have confirmation from CStpeter that he might be joining us.... he has a Von Schweikert system (previously Aeon i) ... if that's ok with you guys.Joey

This is gonna be one hell of a meet, If my count is correct 7 of us.

Cherian
Burke
Joey
Hopeless
David Matz
Cstpeter
and myself.

Lookin forward to it, I will have to start picking out my musical selections.
:cheers:

Back