Changing from CLS II to Vista or Vantage?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrit

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to this forum but i am a long time Logan owner.

My CLS II pannels are down and i need new ones. For the moment I listen with a Magnepan 1.6QR witch i also like.

I am not shure if I should

a) keep the Magnepans
b) Order new pannels for the CLS II and change back
c) Change to Vista or Vantage and forget the CLS

I know that this depends mainly on my personal taste. But mabe you can give me some advice. I have a Cayin Lyric TI120 Tube amplifier.

Many thanks and greetings from Switzerland
Gerrit

Well, if you lived in Iowa, I would say sell me your stinking, worthless CLS's.

However, since you're a long, long ways away, I'll say fix your CLS's ASAP! You may go into withdrawal very soon...if you don't.

I think getting a new set of CLS II panels from the factory will be the best bang for the Euro. new panels are about $900 in the US and Vistas would be $3500, Vantages $5000. For me it is a 'no-brainer'.

New panels for the CLS when you live is Switzerland could be very expensive.

At todays exchange rate it would be about 580 euro's - not to mention that you have to work through an authorized dealer, who also gets a cut. You should search Radu's (Lugano) posts on his system and re-paneling his CLS's. As I recal, it took some time to accomplish due to dealer issues etc.

That being said, there are many here (myself included) who would prefer the CLS sound to either the Vista's or Vantage's at any price provided you have the room and associated electronics to bring out the best in them.

Ill take all CLS parts if you decide to not use them !
I do not know if its easy to get panels but that would be my first choice !

I own a pair of Vantages, and going on hearsay and reputation I would probably choose the CLS given the choice.

Back Off

Ill take all CLS parts if you decide to not use them !
I do not know if its easy to get panels but that would be my first choice !

I asked first AND I'll pay for the unwanted parts.

'Course, the best option is to repanel, even if from Switzerland.

Re-panel! Then buy a Depth sub to go with the CLS's and invite all your Vista/Vantage friends over for drinks and tears!

If you have friends/relatives in the US, you can have them buy the panels here, and then send them to you as used electronic parts at fair US value. It's a lot easier to do this with parts than with complete speakers, plus you don't have any voltage issues to be concerened about.

Back