CES vs RMAF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redliner

Reaction score
Who's been to both? Which show is best? What are the +/- of each? I'm thinking about planning a trip to one or the other. Thanks.

I've been to both (CES 4 yrs ago, RMAF 2 yrs ago), and thought RMAF was better... more casual listening, and more end-user focused. I'm hoping to attend this year as well.

Simple. CES is a trade show, while RMAF is for consumers. Almost anyone can get into CES, and yes, there are things you don't see at RMAF, but I think RMAF is more fun for the consumer.

Id say definitely RMAF. Like it has been mentioned, the focus of this show is the end user, so no one gets grumpy if you want to sit in the room and play whatever music you've brought.

Definitely more laid back because mfrs. aren't trying to meet with dealers as much as they do at CES...

I went to the RMAF last year. It was great! A few of us from this forum attended, so it was nice meeting and talking about audio with some fellow members of the MLOC.

I am not sure how much hi-end audio gear is that the CES, but the RMAF had several dedicated hotels to this event. There were well over 100 rooms (including the big suites and ballrooms) that had audio equipment. Unlike the CES where some stuff (not all) is just a display, there's more interaction. Everything is setup so you can listen to the systems - even with your own music if you like. There's also tons of seminars (a few of us attended the Nordost cable presentation and thought it was interesting).

Erik

Back