Can't listen to my MLs :(

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUB SRT

Reaction score
My receiver died tonight (AVR 254 HK). I know it's isn't the top of the line, but was a great receiver for the money till I was able to save up and get a new one (year or two from now)... Guess I'll have to speed up the process... Couldn't of happened at a worse time with no money available... Grrr. Guess I'll have to start celling some HT stuff...

I know I want a high current receiver that offers pass through and puts out more than 50w per channel, but have no clue were to start. Was thinking the pioneer elite 31 or 33 (magnolia)?

Hi HUB,

Assuming you want to stay with a receiver versus separates and want to maximize your investment for the long term, check out ARCAM.

They are pricey but, assuming you are OK with buying used, they do occasionally show up on the Gon.

GG

Had issues with my HK receiver back in the day - fortunately, called HK and they told me to bring it to a local shop of their choosing and it was fixed for FREE.

Same issue as yours - it just died.

I would take it in man. Get it fixed.

Hi HUB,

Assuming you want to stay with a receiver versus separates and want to maximize your investment for the long term, check out ARCAM.

They are pricey but, assuming you are OK with buying used, they do occasionally show up on the Gon.

GG

I quite agree. Have been extremely happy with ARCAM AV9 Pre-Amp Processor and P1 amplifiers.

Another solid recommendation from Gordon.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input everyone. I contact hk and its covered under 2 year warrenty. The problem that im having with it is very weird. This reciever was just a temp till I get some more money. 50 w per channel isnt enough for my MLs. Im looking at recievers within magnolia... The main features I want in my new reciever is high current, pass through, least 100 w per channel and 5.1. There really isnt anything else I want out of it (besides having hdmi and optic sources). I know a lot of people disagree with buying mag on here, but I would be stupid to use my 50% or greater discount. Lol.

So hk contacted me... They dont have parts for my receiver, so they are swaping it out with a new avr 2600. Not a bad upgrade for what I paid for the 254. Be nice till I upgrade to something else

So hk contacted me... They dont have parts for my receiver, so they are swaping it out with a new avr 2600. Not a bad upgrade for what I paid for the 254. Be nice till I upgrade to something else

Told you... HK has superior service.

Told you... HK has superior service.

They are indeed so far... Shipped of the old receiver tonight. So we will see how long it takes... what i was told with this new avr 2600, i cant hook up a amp out on it...

I would spend way more on my HT system if my redhead (car), didn't suck up all my money in the first place. lol. My sound system takes a back seat to my true love. Haha.

Last edited:
Hi HUB,

I hope you can upgrade your electronics in the future so you can really hear what ML's are capable of doing.

Glad HK came through.

GG

Hi HUB,

I hope you can upgrade your electronics in the future so you can really hear what ML's are capable of doing.

Glad HK came through.

GG

I agree... But I wont upgrade till I know more about audio... I dont want to be a uneducated buyer. Thats how I ended up with a avr 254 driving my speakers. Sure you can understand that.

Absolutely.

Nothing beats knowledge and personal experience. Unfortunately, too many people (not necessarily on this forum) buy stuff without any real world basis to justify the purchase. You are wise and prudent to approach the hobby in this manner.

Good luck in your future upgrades and enjoy the journey.

GG

Absolutely.

Nothing beats knowledge and personal experience. Unfortunately, too many people (not necessarily on this forum) buy stuff without any real world basis to justify the purchase. You are wise and prudent to approach the hobby in this manner.

Good luck in your future upgrades and enjoy the journey.

GG
Thanks gordon. I knew nothing about MLs when I first bought them... But my hole 5.1 setup is all MLs and I spent about 500 bucks for the hole set up. I couldnt pass that up. Lol

Last edited:
Back