Budget center and sub

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigaudiofanatic

Reaction score
Well I am in the process of moving in with my gf at our first place living together. Sense I have been running a 4.0 system I thought it's time to run a 5.1 setup. The catch is my budget IS TIGHT. I mean very tight. What would be the best budget sub and center to run with my aerius fronts? It doesn't have to be ML if that helps.

If budget is so tight, why not continuo with panthom center?...ir may be way better than a poor center channel, and a mismatch to your fronts!..

If budget is so tight, why not continuo with panthom center?...ir may be way better than a poor center channel, and a mismatch to your fronts!..

The problem with that is that my receiver does not break down the center to run through the left and right, so you have to turn it way up until an explosion happens than quickly turn it back down, because you can not hear what is being said that well without a center.

What receiver are you using?, is this the one powering your ehole system?... With a proper receiver you just set the configurarion to no center channel, and you should hear clear dialogs from front channels, and i can bet it would be better than a poor center, your aerius are good speakers!, perhaps underpowered?.... Maybe you need to look for a receiver instead of a center channel.... Just saying!

What receiver are you using?, is this the one powering your ehole system?... With a proper receiver you just set the configurarion to no center channel, and you should hear clear dialogs from front channels, and i can bet it would be better than a poor center, your aerius are good speakers!, perhaps underpowered?.... Maybe you need to look for a receiver instead of a center channel.... Just saying!

It's all in my signature, pioneer elite receiver, carver amp running the ML's. I have already set it to no center as well as messed with all settings possible. It just will not process the center to the left and right. I am currently looking at a marantz if I can find one for a good price.

Get a used Matinee. It will be timber-matched with your fronts.

If you have a Best Buy with a Magnolia close by to you then you can go there and look at the Energy CC5 center. Its a really small center but its a good center. It probably wont be a long term solution. You will probably want to upgrade it later, but it is a good cheap solution for now. I believe it is around $200. Energy also has a small 8" sub-woofer that will be an adequate temporary solution, at least until you have some extra cash burning a hole in your pocket haha

hmm that's a pretty nice receiver you have and I bet you it has a phantom setting for your center. There is no way that this setting is not included in your unit! I hate to ask but have you read the manual??? I agree with the other poster that you may have to set it up as NO CENTER. If you cannot figure it out call Pioneer and they will tell you how! good luck:music:

Back